Bulk Item Pickup
Anne Arundel County collects large items that do not fit into recycling or trash containers.
Household Recycling and Trash MADE SIMPLE brochure
Large Plastic Items
Large plastic items such as children’s toys and playsets can be recycled. The items should be placed next to your recycling container(s) with other paper, plastic, metal and glass recyclables on your collection day. Visit www.RecycleMoreOften.com for more details about recycling large plastic items.
Large Metal items and Refrigerated Appliances
Large metal items and appliances, like swing sets, refrigerators, and lawn mowers, can be recycled. Call Customer Service at (410) 222-6100 to schedule a collection. Please do not place metal items at the curb on your weekly curbside collection day. Metal items that will fit in your vehicle should be brought to one of our recycling centers for recycling.
- Call (410) 222-6100, Monday through Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. to schedule large metal item collection.
- Items must be ready at the curb by 6 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
- Cancellations must be received 48-hours prior to the scheduled collection date.
- Only those items specifically requested for collection will be picked up.
- Be sure items are not obstructed by vehicles, fences, or other structures.
Large Trash Items
Sofas, mattresses, tables, and rolls of carpet are typical trash examples that do not fit into containers. The items should be placed next to your trash container(s) on your collection day. Please set out only three items at a time on your weekly collection day. Do not place wood and lumber or building and construction materials for collection as bulky trash. These items are not collected curbside.
Please consider donating your useable items to a charitable organization. Some organizations offer free collection for items in good condition. Click here for details.
Follow Waste Management on Facebook