Vision, Mission & Core Values
- To enrich the lives of all residents of Anne Arundel County.
- We make life better!
- We Create Opportunities to Enjoy Life, Explore Nature and Restore Health and Well-being.
- Enjoy, Explore, Restore
- Responsibility (Safe, Professional, Competent, Transparent)
- Enjoyment (Fun, Exciting, Positive Attitude, Joy)
- Service (Excellence, Courteous, Compassionate, Responsive)
- Teamwork (Collaboration, Communication, Unity, Supportive)
Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks is primarily responsible for the provision of a comprehensive system of recreational programs for county residents and the preservation of valuable land in the form of more than 140 parks and sanctuaries. Specialized recreational facilities, including two swim centers, two golf courses, baseball stadium and softball complex, programs such as school-age childcare and adaptive recreation and more than thousands of acres of land fall under the department’s jurisdiction. The department’s open space includes community parks, green ways, archaeological, environmental, and historical preserves, and large regional facilities occupying several hundred acres of land.