The Anne Arundel County Police-Community Relations Council (PCRC) is a voluntary, independent, self-constituted advisory body. The PCRC exist with the purpose of promoting the concept that citizens, communities, and the police have a common goal. This goal is the maintenance of law and order, reduction of crime, and the protection of the community. The PCRC promotes the relationship and understanding necessary to effectively attain this purpose.
- Each police district has its own PCRC, which holds monthly meetings at the district station with the following objectives:
- To acquaint individual citizens with their responsibility in the maintenance and preservation of law and order through the implementation of various programs.
- To acquaint the general public with the professionalization and operation of police activities.
- To secure public cooperation with the police department through better understanding and communications.
- To promote increased cooperation between the police and other community agencies.
- To serve as a base for neighborhood maintenance and improvement.
- To assist in crime prevention.
- To serve as liaison between the police department and the neighborhood.
- To consult with district police department personnel on problems of law enforcement within the district and render suggestions for improving police service.
- To assist police in the education of all citizens in how to reduce opportunities for crime to occur.
- To reduce juvenile crime.
- To refer to the police department all questions involving clarification of department policy.
- To promote utilization of existing facilities and agencies in the district.
The Northern District Police Community Relations Council meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
The Southern District Police Community Relations Council meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
The Eastern District Police Community Relations Council meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
The Western District Police Community Relations Council meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
*There will be no meetings held in July and August
For more information on joining your District’s PCRC, please contact your district station and request to speak with the District Commander or the Executive Officer.