B&A Trail is open dawn to dusk.
Ranger Station Construction Notice
In April 2019, the rehabilitation construction began for the Earleigh Heights Rangers Station and is currently scheduled to conclude in Spring/Summer 2020. The building and all of its surrounding amenities (bathrooms, fountains, parking lot, etc.) will close to the public during construction.
The B&A Ranger Station, once known as “Frost’s Store” was built in 1889 as a general store. The building style is an example of Second Empire-style commercial architecture and was popular throughout the country between 1850 and 1885. While formerly it served as a train station, store and post office, it now serves as the ranger station and railroad museum.
The current rehabilitation efforts will provide structural stabilization to the main hall and tower. Repairs and or replacements will follow the plan approved by Maryland Historic Trust which holds an easement. The work will address the condition of the roof and shingles, add gutters, storm panels for windows, repair/replace doors, replace bathroom fixtures and water fountain, add bottle filling station, replace lighting, and furnish the ranger offices and exhibit area. Simply, it will be a fresher, stronger version of itself.