- Minimum RequirementsU.S. Citizen, at least 21 years old at the time of graduation from the academy, H.S. Diploma or GED, valid driver’s license.** No Felony or Serious Misdemeanor Convictions.
- Police Officer Applicant Information & FormsDear Police Officer Applicant:Here is the Processing Schedule:
- Written/Agility Tests
- Interview Board
- Finger Prints
- Polygraph Examination
- Background Investigation Commences
Anne Arundel County Police Department
8495 Veterans Highway
Millersville, MD 21108
- How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for Entry Level Police Officer.
- Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is the starting salary?
What does the application process consist of and how long does it take?
- $55,000 per year. Full pay and benefits start on the first day of training.
How long is the Academy and will I have to live there?
- The application process consists of submission of an online application, a written test, an agility test, an oral panel interview, a polygraph examination, and a thorough background investigation. Applicants who have successfully completed these stages, will be given a conditional offer of employment and will be subject to physical and mental health assessments. A final offer of employment may be extended upon successful completion of the physical and mental health assessments. The entire application process is usually 5 – 6 months in duration.
What does the agility test consist of?
- The Police Academy training is 29 weeks and recruit officers do not live at the Academy. Training usually runs from 7am – 3pm, Monday through Friday; however, there will be adjustments to the schedule.
- Police Academy
Am I required to live in Anne Arundel County?
- All applicants will be required to successfully pass the agility test in orderorder to be considered for the position of police officer. The test consists of a 1.5 mile run, pushups (max amount in one minute), sit-ups (max amount in one minute). The agility test is age and gender based.
- To determine what the passing standards are for you, please click here: Agility Test Requirements
I missed the application process. When will you be hiring again?
- No, there is no residency requirement to become a police officer in Anne Arundel County. However, only officers who live in Anne Arundel County are eligible to participate in the take-home-car program (Personal Patrol Vehicle).
- The Anne Arundel County Police Department runs Academy classes based on department staffing levels, thus frequency is subject to change.