Water/Sewer Forms & FAQs

Access forms, frequently asked questions, and information about water/sewer billing.

Contact Customer Service by phone at (410) 222-1144. For hearing/speech impaired, call 711. Calls are answered from 8:00 am to 4:15 pm weekdays.

Or go to our website at www.aacounty.org

Main Office
The Arundel Center
44 Calvert Street, Room 110
Annapolis, Maryland 21401

Glen Burnie Office
Anne Arundel Community College North Campus
101 Crain Highway North (corner Crain Hwy N. and MD-648/B&A Blvd)
Arundel Center North, Glen Burnie MD, 21060
Riva Road Office
Heritage Office Complex
2664 Riva Road, Room 110
Annapolis, Maryland 21401

Hours of Business for all locations are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 
Pay by Mail
A.A.Co. Water & Wastewater
P. O. Box 17003
Baltimore, MD 21297-1003
Pay Online
Pay Online at www.aacounty.org

Contact Customer Service by phone at (410) 222-1144. Calls are answered from 8:00 am to 4:15 pm weekdays.

Contact Customer Service at (410) 222-1144 or view your bill online at www.aacounty.org

Please contact Customer Service at (410) 222-1144 to discuss the actions needed to have your service restored. Customer Service can be reached between 8:00 a.m. and 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. After business hours, on weekends or holidays, please contact the Department of Public Works, Emergency Services at (410) 222-8400.
If payment is not received by the due date and the account is scheduled to be turned off, a $50 fee to cover administrative costs is charged. Once the account is scheduled for turn off, ALL payments must be made in cash, certified check, money order, or on-line at www.aacounty.org
Meter Services personnel and Emergency Services crews cannot accept payments or make payment extensions.

Occasionally, it is impossible to read a meter at the scheduled time – usually due to inclement weather conditions. In such cases, an estimated bill is rendered based on the average consumption for the same period in the prior year. An estimated bill may be a little higher or lower if actual usage was abnormal, however, the next actual reading will automatically adjust for any variation in the estimate.

A fee of $25 is assessed for any payment returned by the bank unpaid.

If you have public water and wastewater service, your bill is determined by the amount of water that has passed through your meter since the last meter reading. Meters are read quarterly. The charge for wastewater is also based on the amount of water that is delivered through the water meter to your home. If you only have public wastewater service, then your bill is a flat rate charge based on an average use of 14,000 gallons per quarter.

Consumption Rate:
Water - $2.97 per thousand gallons
Wastewater - $5.21 per thousand gallons
Your bill may also include the following fees:
Environmental Protection Fee:
The Environmental Protection Fee is added to all usage charges (except accounts in the Mayo Service Area) for water and wastewater service to recover costs associated with construction, expansion, or improvement to facilities serving existing connected customers.

35% of all wastewater charges
Charge Description on usage bill: EPF
35% of all water charges
Charge Description on usage bill: EPF WATER

Penalty for Late Payment:
A penalty charge of 10% is assessed on all water and wastewater service charges that are not paid within 30 days of the billed date.
Charge Description on usage bill: PNLTY

Account Maintenance Charge
The Account Maintenance Charge is to cover the cost of meter reading and usage billing.
For each usage bill based on metered service, the charge is $6.00.
Charge Description on usage bill: ACCT MNT M

For each usage bill based on unmetered service, the charge is $3.00.
Charge Description on usage bill: ACCT MNT U

Bay Restoration Fee
The County collects the Bay Restoration Fund Fee from water or wastewater customers and from improved properties served by on-site septic systems and wells. The fee is paid to the State of Maryland. The funds are used by the State for programs to improve the water quality of the Chesapeake Bay. Additional information on the Bay Restoration Program can be obtained by calling the Maryland Department of the Environment at (410) 537-3119 or by accessing the State’s website at: www.mde.state.md.us/

For a residential property with an individual usage account, the charge is $15.00 per quarter.

Charge Description on usage bill: *BRF

Water Surcharge (Recoupment Fee)
Residential customers whose water usage exceeds 30,000 gallons in any quarterly billing period shall pay a quarterly capital recoupment charge of $3.81 per 1,000 gallons in excess of the 30,000 gallons usage.
Charge Description on usage bill: WSUR or WSURP

Call the Customer Service Section at (410) 222-1144 and inquire about payment plans. In addition, there are outside sources to contact for financial assistance. See below:

Anne Arundel County Department of Social Services
Temporary Cash Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) a.k.a Food Stamps

Emergency Assistance to Adults may provide assistance for the following: • Court-Ordered Eviction • Utility Cut-off • Life Sustaining Medications • Shelter Referrals • Referrals for furniture, food and clothing • Referrals for services to address Domestic Violence

80 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 269-4745
Glen Burnie
7500 Ritchie Highway
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
(410) 421-8410
Email: aacountydss.dhr@maryland.gov
Apply online for assistance at: https://mydhrbenefits.dhr.state.md.us/dashboardClient/#/home
Anne Arundel Department of Aging and Disabilities
Serving Older Adults, People with Disabilities and Caregivers
2666 Riva Road, Suite 400
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone: (410) 222-4257
For Information and Assistance, contact Maryland Access Point (410) 222-4257
Information and Referral, 211 Maryland for Help

Phone: 211 or Text for resources in your area: 898-211
Available 24/7 this is a United Way of Maryland Service center for assistance of all kinds across the state of Maryland. All languages available. MD Relay 711

The Salvation Army, Anne Arundel County
Offer Emergency financial assistance and food.
351 Hilltop Lane
Annapolis, MD 21403
(410) 263-4091
(410) 263-4095

Glen Burnie
511 S Crain Hwy
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
(410) 768-3481
St. Vincent de Paul Society
19 West Franklin Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Phone: (410) 659-4020
Community Action Agency
251 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone: (410) 626-1900
Apply for energy Assistance: https://mydhrbenefits.dhr.state.md.us
Apply for Housing Assistance: https://aaccaa.org/housing-assistance-program-and-services/

Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program (SNAP) - Department of Social Services
80 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone: (410) 269-4500
Apply for assistance: https://mydhrbenefits.dhr.state.md.us

Northern Emergency Outreach Network (NEON)
304 5th Street
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Phone: (410) 766-1826
NEON is Christian organization comprised of more than 35 churches and 5 civic organizations from the Glen Burnie, Linthicum, Pasadena and Severn areas that provides assistance to those in need.
Severna Park Assistance Network (SPAN)
400 Benfield Road
Severna Park, MD 21146
Phone: (410) 647-0889
SPAN is located in Severna Park, Maryland and is a non-profit organization that helps area families in need of emergency assistance.
Crofton Christian Caring Council (CCCC)
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
1800 Seton Drive
Crofton, MD 21114
(410) 721-5770
Several churches work together to offer financial assistance with bills and prescriptions. Food Pantries offered, as well.
South County Assistance Network (SCAN)
St. James Episcopal Church
5757 Solomon’s Island Road
Lothian, MD
(410) 867-2838
An association of churches offering a food pantry and occasional financial assistance. They assist with navigating resources and with the completion of applications.
Arundel Community Development Services, Inc
2666 Riva Road, Suite 210
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 222-7600
A non profit offering Eviction Prevention assistance, Homeowners counseling, and home rehabilitation and repair.

Contact Customer Service at (410) 222-1144 to have a work order processed for a meter reading verification. Specially trained Customer Service Representatives will be glad to offer their assistance.
Questions about Public Works’ delivered services can be directed to Public Works Customer Relations Unit at (410) 222-7582.

Customer's Request for Leak Adjustment Form

Contact Customer Service at (410) 222-1144 or go to our website at www.aacounty.org for instructions. Specially trained Customer Service Representatives will be glad to offer their assistance.

The Excess Use Credit was initiated because the County recognizes that outdoor water use increases in the summer months and some of the water used outdoors does not return to the public sewer system. Residential users are eligible for a credit of a portion of their wastewater charge.

The Excess Use Credit is automatically calculated and applied to a utility bill when applicable. The Excess Use Credit is applied to the first full billing quarter starting after April 30 each year. The exact beginning and ending dates depend on the particular “billing cycle” read date. Meter readings and billings are done in cycles depending on the area in the County one resides in.

Questions regarding pool credit should be coursed thru the Customer Relations of the Department of Public Works at (410) 222-7582. Council Bill # 37-11 doubled the sewer usage credit during the summer period of excess water usage (due to watering, filling up of pool, etc. - see item #13). There are several billing cycles beginning in May through the end of September when this credit may be calculated.

Swimming Pool Verification Form/Request for “Pool Credit” Form

Contact Customer Service at (410) 222-1144 or visit our website at www.aacounty.org to inquire about the adjustment process. A copy of the repair bill from a Licensed Plumber will be required to complete the adjustment.

Customer's Request for Leak Adjustment Form

The Capital Facility Connection Recoupment charge is part of the County Council approved Bill # 37-11 and targets residents that use more capacity than the capital facility connection charge rate limit of 250 gallons per day. Effective July 1, 2019, Anne Arundel County residential utility customers will pay an additional $2.86 per 1,000 gallons of water usage exceeding 30,000 gallons in any given quarterly billing period.

The Wastewater Surcharge Program is a mechanism to recover costs incurred when treating high strength wastes discharged by some industrial and commercial users to the wastewater system. These additional funds are needed to cover the cost of the operation and maintenance at the treatment plants and to make the wastewater system financially self-supporting. The surcharge cost appears as a separate line item on your bimonthly or quarterly utility bill. Surcharge costs are based on the actual costs to operate and maintain seven (7) water reclamation facilities in the County, debt service, and the organic, nutrient and solids loadings treated at the plants.

This is your share of the cost incurred by the County to construct the water or wastewater lines that provide public service to your community. This bill is sent to the property owner annually for 30 years. It can be transferred with the property to new owners.

Residential Application For Utility Deferment Form

The 30-Year Installment Plan (also known as the Capital Facility Connection Charge) is billed annually with the Front Foot Benefit Assessment over a 30-year term. The money paid is applied to the repayment of the bonds sold to build the public water or public wastewater system such as treatment plants, force mains, and pumping stations. It is 2/3 of the Capital Facility Connection Charge. Any balance remaining due on this charge at the time of title transfer of the property must be paid off.

Yes. Please contact the Office of Finance, Customer Service at (410) 222-1144 to obtain 30-Year Installment Plan pay off information. Please contact the Department of Public Works, Financial Services Division at (410) 222-7512 to obtain pay off information for a Front Foot Benefit Assessment.

An allocation is a reservation of water or wastewater plant capacity for use at a specific property. Property owners or developers apply for an allocation to ensure that capacity is available when a property is ready to be connected to the County’s water or wastewater systems. Questions regarding Utility Allocation requirements can be directed to the Department of Public Works by calling (410) 222-7509.

The Allocation Reservation Charge is billed quarterly until the actual connection is made.
Charge Description on utility bill:
For a water allocation – ALLOC WATR or ARC WATR
For a wastewater allocation – ALLOC SEWR or ARC SEWR
For the Mayo Service area only – ALLOC MAYO or ARC MAYO

If you are connected to the public wastewater system but not to public water, and wondering if there is a way to save money on your bill, the Department's Metered Wastewater Account Program may be just what you are looking for. Anne Arundel County has established this program to allow flat rate customers to convert their bills to metered accounts.
The current flat rate charge is based on the average use of 14,000 gallons per quarter for a family of three. If you have less than three people living in your home year-round, live on your property periodically, or use less than 14,000 gallons of water per quarter, it may be cost-effective for you to convert to a metered account. A licensed plumber must install a County approved water meter on your private well system. It is their responsibility to contact the Bureau of Utility Operations Meter Services section before proceeding with installation. Call (410) 222-8455 for detailed instructions on proper installation of the water meter and a remote register.
Note: The remote register must be installed 5' above ground level. Your plumber is also required to acquire a connection permit from the Department of Inspections and Permits. This permit is valid for 6 months from the date it was issued and another must be re-issued if time expires. A County inspector must inspect the connection.

In some areas, the County provides wastewater service, but a private company provides water. In those cases, the County wastewater charge is based on the water consumption as reported to by the private company.

Anne Arundel County Office of Finance


44 Calvert Street, Room 110 Annapolis, MD 21401

Hours of Operation: 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday thru Friday