The Assisted Living Program monitors the services residents receive in small (4-16 bed) assisted living facilities to ensure that residents receive appropriate care and services.
Assisted Living Facilities bridge the gap between independent living and nursing home facilities. These facilities:
- Assist adults with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating and grooming)
- Provide 24 hour supervision
- Manage medications
- Provide social activities
The Assisted Living program staff can provide information to assist you with:
- How to choose the right facility for your family member
- How to evaluate the quality of a facility
- Information on fees and services available
Financial assistance may be available to residents in the small Assisted Living homes through the Senior Assisted Living Subsidy (SALS) program and the Veteran's Administration.