Baltimore Man Found Guilty of First-Degree Rape of Woman at Linthicum Motel

Annapolis, Maryland – Following a four-day trial, an Anne Arundel County jury on Friday found Davon Ferguson, 41, guilty of the first-degree rape of a woman at a Linthicum motel last winter, State's Attorney Anne Colt Leitess announced.

In addition, Ferguson was convicted of two counts of second-degree rape and two counts of assault. Prosecutors will seek life in prison without the possibility of parole at sentencing, scheduled for October 2, 2023 in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court in Annapolis.

"The defendant has a history of this violent behavior, having been found guilty of first-degree rape in a 2010 case in Baltimore," Leitess said. "He obviously learned nothing from his previous sentence, once again preying on women through online ads. It is clear the defendant is a dangerous man who would likely repeat these attacks if allowed. This verdict gives justice to the victim and will hopefully result in a lifetime of incarceration."

On January 22, 2023, officers responded to the Extended Stay America in Linthicum for an assault. A 24-year-old woman said a man entered her room and raped her at knifepoint. He then fled on foot, leaving his wallet and driver's license behind.

The woman told police she was a prostitute and had arranged to meet the man, identified by his license as Ferguson, for sex. After entering the room, Ferguson shut the door, pulled out a pocket knife and demanded her to undress. He proceeded to push the woman onto the bed and sexually assaulted her for two hours.

At one point, the woman gained control of the weapon, and the two struggled over it. The woman was able to escape while completely undressed and ran for help. Ferguson fled shortly after only half dressed. He was later located at a nearby motel.

Assistant State's Attorney Sean Fox and Assistant State's Attorney Kathryn Gravely prosecuted the case on behalf of the citizens of Anne Arundel County, with the Honorable Mark W. Crooks presiding.