Recyclables are collected curbside once a week, Monday through Friday, by private haulers under contract to Anne Arundel County on your collection day. Recyclables will either be collected before or after your trash is collected. Collection vehicles, marked with an official recycling logo and the name of the private hauler will come by to collect your recyclables. No one other than the contract hauler should remove recyclables from your container and any suspicious activity should be reported to our customer service representatives at 410-222-6100.
Sort Recyclables into Two Types
- Put all household recyclables together in the same container(s). Reference the list of Materials Accepted to determine items that are recyclable and can be picked up curbside.
- Yard waste should be set out separately. If not containerized, branches must be tied into bundles (not to exceed 4 ft/ length or 4" diameter).
- Do not use a County issued yellow container for yard waste. Use another type of durable, reusable container that works best for you, marked with large "X's" visible to the collection crew. The "X" lets the collection crew know it’s recycling.
- Recycle every week so your recycling containers won't be too heavy for you or the collectors. (Loaded containers cannot weigh more than 40 lbs. each.) This does not apply to residents using the County issued yellow 65 gallon cart.
- Use containers that one person can lift from the curb to the recycling truck. Containers must have handles.
- There is no limit on the amount of recyclables you can put out for collection.
- Keep your yard and street clean by securing papers and plastic bottles in their containers so they won’t blow around before the recycling truck arrives.
- If paper gets wet, it’s okay - We can still recycle it.
- When recycling shredded paper, put in a paper bag and staple shut. Include it with your other recycling on your collection day.