Waste Management Services Holiday Collection and Facility Schedule for Christmas and New Year's Holiday
Holiday Schedule - Christmas
- Dec 24th – Normal Tuesday Collections Provided to Customers - WMS Facilities Open
- Dec 25th – NO Collection Changes – WMS Facilities Closed
- Dec 26th – Normal Thursday Collections Provided to Customers - WMS Facilities Open
Holiday Schedule - New Year’s
- Dec 31st – Normal Tuesday Collections Provided to Customers - WMS Facilities Open
- Jan 1st – NO Collection Changes – WMS Facilities Closed
- Jan 2nd – Normal Thursday Collections Provided to Customers - WMS Facilities Open
Christmas tree safety and recycling tips:
Be safe this holiday season. Get rid of the tree when it begins dropping needles. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home.
Recycle your unwanted Christmas tree curbside or at a recycling center.
- Remove tree stand, metal ornament hangers and all decorations, including lights tinsel and garland. Large trees should be cut in half so they can fit in the truck.
- Christmas trees will be collected on your recycling day and must be at the curb before 6 a.m. You may also bring Christmas trees to one of our recycling centers to be included with yard waste.
- Christmas trees are chipped into mulch, a valuable soil covering.
For more information on Christmas tree fire safety, visit the National Fire Protection Association at www.nfpa.org/safety-information/for-consumers/holidays/christmas-tree-fires.
Remember to recycle these items during the holiday, too!
Wrapping paper, tissue paper, greeting cards, seasonal advertisements, gift catalogs, gift boxes, cardboard boxes, junk mail, soft and hard cover books, newspaper, phone books, and magazines.
For more information on recycling and trash collection services provided by the County, visit the Departmentof Public Works’ website: www.aacounty.org/departments/public-works/waste-management or call (410) 222-6100.