Waste Management Services Curbside Collection and Facilities Schedule-Christmas and New Years
Annapolis (December 21, 2021) - The Department of Public Works, Waste Management Services (WMS) will observe the following curbside collection schedule and facility operating schedule at the Millersville Landfill and Resource Recovery Facility and the Northern, Central, and Southern Recycling Centers in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
Holiday Schedule - Christmas
- Dec 24th – Normal Curbside Collection Provided – WMS Facilities Closed
- Dec 25th – No Collection Changes - WMS Facilities Closed
Holiday Schedule - New Year’s
- Dec 31st – Normal Curbside Collection Provided – WMS Facilities Closed
- Jan 1st – No Collection Changes - WMS Facilities Closed
Christmas tree safety and recycling tips:
Be safe this holiday season. Get rid of the tree when it begins dropping needles. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home.
Recycle your unwanted Christmas tree curbside or at a recycling center.
- Remove tree stand, metal ornament hangers and all decorations, including lights tinsel and garland. Large trees should be cut in half so they can fit in the truck.
- Christmas trees will be collected on your recycling day and must be at the curb before 6 a.m. You may also bring Christmas trees to one of our recycling centers to be included with yard waste.
- Christmas trees are chipped into mulch, a valuable soil covering.
For more information on Christmas tree fire safety, visit the National Fire Protection Association at www.nfpa.org/safety-information/for-consumers/holidays/christmas-tree-fires.
We’re excited to present Recycle Coach, a new app that makes recycling at home easier by answering the question “What Goes Where”. If you’re interested in learning more, visit the desktop site at https://recyclecoach.com/anne-arundel/ or download the free app via The App Store or Google Play! For more information on all of the recycling and trash collection services provided by the County, visit the Department of Public Works’ website www.aacounty.org/departments/public-works/waste-management or call (410) 222-6100.
Remember to recycle these items during the holiday, too! Wrapping paper, tissue paper, greeting cards, seasonal advertisements, gift catalogs, gift boxes, cardboard boxes, junk mail, soft and hard cover books, newspaper, phone books, and magazines.