Police Press Release - June 7, 2021
Weapons Violation-Warrant-CDS / Glen Burnie
On June 6, 2021 at approximately 10:50 a.m. officers responded to an unknown disturbance at the Days Inn located at 6600 Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie. Upon arrival, officers located a subject armed with a Tristar-NKOMO Canik 55 9mm handgun. The subject was arrested and found to also be in possession of the following:
- Six vials with blue caps containing suspected Cocaine and/or Fentanyl
- One black plastic container containing suspected Crack Cocaine and/or Fentanyl
- One vile with a black cap containing suspected Crack Cocaine and/or Fentanyl
- One clear plastic bag containing suspected Cocaine and/or Fentanyl mixture
- Five clear mini gel capsules containing suspected Heroin and/or Fentanyl mixture
- One clear large gel capsule containing suspected Heroin and/or Fentanyl mixture
- One clear plastic cylinder container containing two clear gel capsules suspected Heroin and/or Fentanyl mixture.
- Two glass smoking pipes with burnt ends
- Five unused hypodermic needles
The suspect was arrested and charged.
Michael Eric Ricketts
3600 block of Old Frederick Road
Assault-Destruction of Property / Edgewater
On Friday June 4, 2021 at approximately 11:34 a.m. Southern District officers responded to the Taco Bell restaurant located at 3091 Solomons Island Road in Edgewater for a disorderly person. The caller reported a customer threw a rock through the drive-thru window and shattered the glass. Officers arrived on scene and spoke with the victim/manager of Taco Bell who stated the suspect entered the business and became irate and disrespectful using profanity towards employees. The manager asked the suspect to leave the business and he threw a stool at the manager. The manager’s hand was injured as a result of being struck by the stool. The manager ordered the suspect out of the store and then the suspect picked up a rock and threw it, shattering the drive-thru window. Officers located the suspect on Mayo Road and he was arrested and charged.
Thomas Joseph Weitzel-Smith
1900 block of Ridgeville Road
CDS Violation / Hanover
On June 4, 2021 at approximately 5:15 p.m. an officer conducted a traffic stop on a green 1999 Pontiac Grand Am in the area of Charwood Place and New Ridge Road in Hanover. Upon approaching the vehicle the officer noticed the odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. The investigation led to a search of the vehicle which resulted in the seizure of a 30 round magazine with 10 rounds of PMP 9 mm ammunition, several baggies containing 288.8g of suspected marijuana and a digital scale. The driver is prohibited from possessing ammunition and guns. The suspect was arrested and charged.
Keyon Tyler Mewborn
1000 block of Misty Lynn Circle