GLEN BURNIE, MD (August 29, 2017)
– September is National Preparedness Month. This is a nation-wide, month long effort hosted by the Ready Campaign encouraging households, communities, and businesses to prepare and plan for emergencies. Ready.gov has weekly hazard focused on the “Disasters Don’t Plan Ahead. You Can” theme to help your family and community prepare:
- August 28th – August 31st – Kickoff to National Preparedness Month
- September 1st – 9th – Make a Plan for Yourself, Family and Friends
- September 10th – 16th – Plan to Help Your Neighbor and Community
- September 17th – 23rd – Practice and Build Out Your Plans
- September 24th – 30th – Get Involved! Be a Part of Something Larger
To observe National Preparedness Month, the Anne Arundel County Office of Emergency Management is hosting its annual Emergency Preparedness Expo on Saturday, September 23, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie. This family friendly event will prepare you and your family through educational booths, fire and police apparatus, demos, and much more.