Brooklyn Park Senior Activity Center Announces September Events
Brooklyn Park, MD (August 25, 2015) – The Brooklyn Park Senior Activity Center, 202 Hammonds Lane, announces events during September at the center. Operated by the Department of Aging and Disabilities, the center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sept 1st – 10:30am to 11am: Anne Arundel County Literary Council representative will talk about the importance of literacy for “Literacy Day”
- Sept 2nd – Blue Dolphin Seafood trip in Crofton, MD
- Sept 8th – 9:30am to 11:30am: Using Ayurveda to Start with Self-Care to help reduce modern day health concerns
- Sept 9th – 9:30am to 12pm: Flu Shot Clinic by Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Sept 10th – 10:30am to 11:15am: Visit from State’s Attorney of Anne Arundel County, Wes Adams, to talk about Senior Exploitation. Learn to empower yourself against ID theft, fraud, scams and exploitation.
- Sept 11th – 12pm to 1pm: 9/11 Remembrance. Create a care package for homeless veterans.
- Sept 15th – 10:30am to 3pm: Chusok Celebration, Palace Restaurant trip. Cost is $10 and features American/Korean meal, dancing, karaoke, door prizes, and entertainment. Purchase tickets by Sept 18th.
- Sept 15th – 10:30am to 11:30am: Make a Hat Contest
- Sept 17th – 10am to 1:30pm: Anne Arundel County Fair trip. Admission is free for senior citizens.
Anne Arundel County Senior Activity Centers offer free memberships for individuals 55 or older who are active and able to function independently. For more information, visit your local senior center to obtain orientation materials and take a tour. Adults 55 or older who need assistance with daily living activities, or their caregivers, should contact Information and Assistance at 410-222-4257 to learn more about alternatives to Senior Activity Centers.