Anne Arundel County Senior Activity Centers Activated as Cooling Centers
Annapolis, MD (June 23, 2015) – Due to the heat index today, the Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities will open the seven senior activity centers in the county as cooling centers today from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to provide cooling relief. Transportation will be provided for those wishing to use these facilities. Children must be supervised by a family member or guardian at all times.
The seven senior activity centers are:
- Annapolis Senior Activity Center, 119 South Villa Avenue, Annapolis
- Arnold Senior Activity Center, 44 Church Road, Arnold
- Brooklyn Park Senior Activity Center, 202 Hammonds Lane, Brooklyn Park
- O’Malley Senior Activity Center, 1275 Odenton Road, Odenton
- Pasadena Senior Activity Center, 4103 Mountain Road, Pasadena
- Pascal Senior Activity Center, 125 Dorsey Road, Glen Burnie
- South County Senior Activity Center, 27 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater
The Department of Aging and Disabilities will provide transportation to all citizens to and from cooling centers, libraries, and police precinct community rooms based on resource availability during business hours.
- Department of Aging and Disabilities Transportation #410-222-0022
- Taxi Voucher Program #410-222-4222 (An Income Eligible Program, must submit proof of income to receive discounted vouchers)
- MTA Mobility Service #410-764-8181
- MTA Taxi Access II Service #410-664-2030 (Must be certified Mobility customer)
For more information, contact the Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities at 410-222-4464 or refer to our website www.aacounty.org/aging. TTY users, please call via Maryland Relay 7-1-1.