Anne Arundel County Invites Input on Transportation Study
Annapolis, MD (February 26, 2016) –Anne Arundel County invites interested parties to attend a community meeting to hear about the Major Intersections and Important Facilities (MIIF) transportation study.
The purpose of the MIIF study is to evaluate the mobility and accessibility needs of residents, commuters, and businesses along specific highways in the County that have a significant impact on the overall function of the regional transportation network. The highways include:
- MD 214: Shoreham Beach Road to MD 424 (Davidsonville Road)
- Forest Drive: Bay Ridge Road to MD 665 (Aris T. Allen Blvd.)
- MD 665: Forest Drive to US 50-301
- MD 173: Bayside Beach Road to MD 607 (Hog Neck Road)
- MD 177: Forest Glen Drive to MD 2 (Governor Ritchie Hwy.)
- College Parkway: MD 179 to MD 2 (Solomons Island Road)
- MD 468-256: Snug Harbor Road to MD 2
The community meeting will cover the first phase of the study including existing conditions and travel demand forecasts.
The meeting will be held at two County locations. Each meeting will present the same information for discussion and feedback.
- Monday, March 14, 2016, 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Pasadena Senior Center, 4103 Mountain Road, Pasadena.
- Thursday, March 17, 2016, 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Annapolis High School Cafeteria, 2700 Riva Road, Annapolis.
For additional information about the meeting, please contact:
Transportation Planning Division
Office of Planning and Zoning