Anne Arundel County, City of Annapolis to Host Opioid Workshop
Annapolis, MD (September 11, 2017) – Anne Arundel County and the City of Annapolis will this week host Breaking the Silence: An Opioid Addiction Workshop in an effort to provide religious leaders, faith-based organizations, and community members with the resources to actively address the epidemic.
“The faith-based community is an indispensable ally as we continue to fight the heroin and opioid crisis,” said Schuh. “This workshop is another demonstration of the incredible partnership between the County and City of Annapolis.”
The event will take place September 13th from 9:00 am to noon at the Byzantium, 2747 Riva Road in Annapolis. The workshop will help provide a general understanding of the epidemic within the State and County, how to start and what to address in the conversations regarding opioid and heroin use and abuse, as well as resources available.
Keynote Address Presented by:
- Ms. Lisa Hillman, Author of Secret No More, Former Senior Vice President, Legislative Affairs, President, Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation
Panel Discussion Featuring:
- Mr. Wes Adams, State's Attorney Anne Arundel County
- Dr. Pamela M. Brown, Anne Arundel County Partnership for Children, Youth and Families, Executive Director
- Dr. Brendan Saloner, Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Pastor Sheryl Menendez, Restoration Community Development Corporation
- Mr. Larry Griffin, We Care and Friends, Executive Director
- Ms. Angel Traynor, Advocate, Community for Recovery
- Moderator, Ms. Nancy Schrum, Director, Constituent Services, Anne Arundel County