Police Press Release - May 21, 2020
Handgun Arrest / Severn
On May 20, 2020 at approximately 7:45 p.m. officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of the 1700 block of Meade Village Circle. During the course of the investigation it was learned that the rear passenger of the vehicle was carrying a loaded handgun, with a round in the chamber on his person. That passenger was arrested and transported to Western District for processing.
Artaz Malik Foster
8100 block of Evening Star Drive
Weapons & CDS Arrest / Glen Burnie
On May 20, 2020 at approximately 9:30 p.m., officers were in the area of Elvaton Road and Hospital Drive and observed a registration violation. A subsequent probable cause search of the vehicle revealed the following:
- Taurus PT803 handgun, with loaded magazine and one round in the chamber, located on the floor in front of the driver's seat.
- Remington RP45 handgun, with loaded magazine and one round in the chamber, located between the driver's seat and the center console.
- Clear glass jar containing four clear plastic bags with marijuana later found to weigh 16.48 grams in packaging.
- One clear plastic bag containing four multi-colored tablets, suspected MDMA, located in the same jar, later found to weigh 1.84 grams in packaging.
- Green and clear plastic bag containing two tablets/powder residue, suspected MDMA, located in the dash compartment above the radio, found to weigh 2.65 grams.
- Anderson AM-15 Semi-Automatic rifle, serial #17006902, located in the trunk.
- One empty 30-round rifle magazine
- One loaded 40-round rifle magazine
- One loaded 30-round rifle magazine, located in the center console
- Six boxes of various caliber pistol and rifle ammunition
The driver was arrested and charged accordingly.
Dejuan Martel Jacobs
3800 block of Troy Avenue