Thursday, December 19, 2019
Arnold Senior Activity Center Closed for Renovations Time: All Day Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: The Arnold Senior Activity Center will be closed for building renovations from December 19, 2019 - January 3, 2020.
Commission Meeting Time: 9:00am - 10:00am Locations: Department of Recreation and Parks 1 Harry Truman Parkway Details: The meeting will be held in the small conference room.
Christmas Bingo Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details:
Join us for a holiday themed edition of Bingo! Special holiday prizes will be awarded to the winners! No need to bring a prize to play
Lunch and special dessert will be provided but space is limited, so please register at the front desk.
Performance by Frank & Trish to follow
Van Trip - Wegmans Time: 10:00am - 11:00am Locations: Annapolis Senior Activity Center 119 S. Villa Ave., Annapolis Details: Knock out the last few items on your holiday grocery list and grab some lunch on this trip to Wegmans in Gambrills. Sign up begins 12/2/19.
Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to request an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available on specific Thursdays (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
AACPS Retired Faculty, “Voices in Melody”- Time: 12:30pm - 1:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Will be performing a holiday program on Thursday, December 19th at 12:30. Talented former staff continue to share music with us. They’ll be performing well loved classics with a holiday flair!
Frank and Trish Holiday Performance Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Frank & Trish will be here to present their special holiday performance. An afternoon filled with music, dancing and holiday favorites to boot. What’s not to love?
Anne Arundel County Gun Violence Prevention Task Force to Present Preliminary Findings Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Belcher Pavilion, 2000 Medical Pkwy 7th Floor, Annapolis, MD 21401 Details:
Annapolis, Md (December 17, 2019) The Anne Arundel County Gun Violence Prevention Task Force will present its preliminary report on Thursday, December 19, at Anne Arundel Medical Center. The task force was created by Anne Arundel County Executive Steuart Pittman by executive order on April 5 of this year to research the issue of gun violence prevention in the county and recommend actionable proposals.
The task force submitted its report to County Executive Pittman on December 16, in accordance with the executive order. Mr. Pittman will make remarks at Thursday evening’s meeting. A final report is due May 1, 2020.
“The Gun Violence Prevention Task Force has worked long and hard since the spring,” said County Executive Pittman. “I look forward to hearing its preliminary recommendations and getting to work on them, as we head into the 2020 General Assembly.”
Steuart Pittman, Anne Arundel County Executive
Bishop Charles Carroll, Task Force Chair
Jennifer Purcell, PhD, Chief of Staff Office of the County Executive
Dr. Nilesh Kalyanaraman, Anne Arundel County Health Officer
Members of the Gun Violence Prevention Task Force
HRC Meeting Time: 6:30pm - 7:00pm Locations: Virtual Event Details:
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 470 381 2552 or +1 470 250 9358 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 669 219 2599 or 888 475 4499 (Toll Free) or 833 548 0276 (Toll Free)
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.