Thursday, December 5, 2019
Holiday Silent Auction Time: All Day Locations: South County Senior Activity Center 27 Stepneys Lane Edgewater, MD 21037 Details: Get a jump on holiday shopping at our Holiday Gift Silent Auction. Items will be displayed through Friday, December 13. Bid on some great items, including LOTS of mystery gift boxes! We guarantee all mystery boxes will be full of awesome gifts. Bidding ends on Friday, December 13 at 12:00 p.m. You must bid in person. Winning bidders will be contacted by the Center if you are not here on December 13. Proceeds benefit the Center. Don’t miss out on great holiday gifts!
Jewelry Sale Begins Time: All Day Locations: Annapolis Senior Activity Center 119 S. Villa Ave., Annapolis Details: Our Fall Jewelry Sale Begins on Tuesday, December 3rd, and goes through Thursday, December 12th. 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Don’t miss out on some unique pieces of jewelry and a chance to get some holiday shopping done! There will also be a Bake Sale on Tuesday, December 3rd.
Permit Center Late Opening Time: 8:00am - 10:00am Locations: Permit Center 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD. 21401 Details: The Permit Center will open at 10 today for staff training. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Permit Center at (410) 222-7730.
Boxwood Holiday Tree Workshop Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: The Four Rivers Garden Club returns to show us how to make beautiful holiday trees out of Boxwood cuttings! The ladies will provide all materials and offer light refreshments. The cost is $4 per person and the class size is limited to the first 12 people that sign up. NOTE: Please be on time; latecomers will forfeit their monies
Shopping Trip - "Super" Walmart Time: 10:00am - 12:30pm Locations: Annapolis Senior Activity Center 119 S. Villa Ave., Annapolis Details: Sign up begins 12/2/19.
Winter Holiday Floral Arrangement Time: 10:00am - 11:00am Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Presented by Gibson Island Garden Club. Come create a Holiday floral arrangement with members of the Gibson Island Garden Club. No prior experience is required. We will provide the greens, flowers and vases. Just bring a pair of shears to trim the stems. This is a fun event for all but the class size is limited so please register at the front desk.
Solley Elementary School Choir Time: 10:30am - 11:00am Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Will be at Pascal Senior Center on Thursday, December 5th at 10:30. We always love to hear the children spread the seasons joy, please come support them while they entertain us!
Congressman Sarbanes Q&A Time: 11:00am - 11:30am Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: After a hiatus, consultations for residents of the 3rd Congressional District are available on Thursday, December 5th at 11:00PM. A Constituent Services Represented will be here to talk to residents about their questions and concerns.
Sewing Workshop Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Join quilting instructor, Pauline Senk, as she teaches you how make quick and fun sewing projects. Any patterns will be provided; if you are bringing your own supplies, there is no charge. To use the supplies provided by the instructor, the cost is $5.00 per person. Sign up by 12/4/19.
Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to request an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available on specific Thursdays (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
The Notables Time: 12:15pm - 12:45pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: This fantastic singing group will be here on Thursday, December 5th at 12:15. They perform a variety of songs from show tunes, to classics, to arranged choral pieces. We look forward to enjoying this group every year!
Anne Arundel County established a charter form of government in 1964.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.