Thursday, November 21, 2019
Partnership Meeting Time: 9:00am - 10:00am Locations: 1 Harry Truman Parkway, Annapolis Details: Meeting Agenda
Brooklyn Park Senior Activity Center to Reopen Time: 10:30am - 11:30am Locations: Brooklyn Park Senior Activity Center 202 Hammonds Lane Brooklyn Park, MD 21225 Details:
The Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities will hold a Grand Reopening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the Brooklyn Park Senior Activity Center. The center has been closed for $1,692,000 renovations and expansion. County Executive Steuart Pittman and other dignitaries will be in attendance to celebrate the opening.
County Executive Steuart Pittman
First Lady Yumi Hogan
Other elected officials and business and community leaders
Thursday, November 21, 2019
Presentation 10:30 a.m.
Brooklyn Park Senior Activity Center, 202 Hammonds Lane, Brooklyn Park, MD
Christmas Card Workshop Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm Locations: Catherine L. O'Malley Senior Center 1275 Odenton Road Odenton, MD 21113 (410) 222-6227 Details: Join Susan Brown from 10:30-12:30 for a fun one-day Christmas Rubber Stamping Workshop. There will be three projects to work on and no experience is necessary. All supplies provided except double-sided tape. The class fee of $5.00 is required to register. Make checks payable to Susan Brown.
Sewing Workshop Holiday Table Time: 11:00am - 2:00pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Nothing could be better than a charming table runner for showcasing your Christmas centerpieces and ornaments along with mouth -watering delicacies. This is another stunning and easy sewing project this month ! Pattern will be provided by the instructor. If you are bringing your own supplies, there is no charge. To use the supplies provided by the instructor, the cost is $5.00 per person. Please sign up by 11/13/19.
Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to schedule an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available every Thursday (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Chuck Fisher Time: 12:30pm - 1:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Maryland’s own Senior Idol, Mr. Chuck Fisher, will perform on Thursday, November 21st at 12:30. Chuck is well loved at the Pascal Center, singing county music classics, and beloved songs from the 50’s and 60’s.
Voices in Melody Performance Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Activity Center - 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: The Anne Arundel Retired School Personnel Association (AARSPA) Voices in Melody Chorus will be here to entertain with their fantastic musical abilities. Please register at the front desk.
Reflexology Appointments Time: 1:00pm - 1:30pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Reflexology is the technique of manipulating reflex points that correspond to specific organs and body parts found within the feet and hands. Pressure applied to the foot is believed to bring relaxation and healing to the corresponding areas of the body. Kim Murphy is a seasoned Reflexologist and Yoga Therapy trainer. She will be taking FREE, individual appointments for the last Thursday of each month, starting at 1:00 pm, in 15 minute increments. This is popular, so SIGN UP NOW!
Environmental Commission Meeting Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Heritage Office Complex at 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, Maryland - Chesapeake Room Details: The Commission meets every third Thursday of the month in the Chesapeake Room of the Heritage Office Complex at 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, Maryland. The Commission discusses environmental concerns in Anne Arundel County, and will prepare an annual report of its recommendations for County Executive Pittman. Meeting agendas and any changes in scheduling will be posted on this page in advance of each meeting. Members of the public are welcome to attend, and will be given a few minutes at the end of the meeting to provide brief comments to the Commission.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.