Thursday, November 18, 2021
Art Exhibition @ Quiet Waters Park Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm Locations: Quiet Waters Park Details:
Form and Fabric
The opening will be held on Nov 21 from 1:30 - 3:30 pm in the Willow Gallery of the Visitor Center. The park entrance fee will be waived for the reception only. All items may be removed upon purchase, creating an excellent opportunity for holiday shopping.
The following artists will be participating:
Chesapeake Weavers: textiles, dyed clothing and accessories
Chesapeake Woodturners: handmade wooden items
Garage Art: pottery
Ardythe Jolliff: note cards
Joan Machinchick: paintings, calendars and calligraphy
Donna Schramek: soft sculpture
Liz Sork: hand-painted glasses
Annette Uroskie: paintings and photographs.
Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to request an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available on specific Thursdays (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Citizens Environmental Commission Meeting Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or by phone: 1 301 715 8592
Webinar ID: 854 5795 2349 Passcode: 40642431
HRC Meeting Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Virtual Event Details:
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 470 381 2552 or +1 470 250 9358 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 669 219 2599 or 888 475 4499 (Toll Free) or 833 548 0276 (Toll Free)
Liquor Board Hearing Time: 6:00pm - 11:00pm Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
AGENDA FOR HEARING ON NOVEMBER 18, 2021
Please call 410.222.1148 with any questions.
Colonial Cocktails: Wassail & Hot Buttered Rum Time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm Locations: Historic London Town and Gardens Details:
From punches to bounces, syllabubs to juleps, colonists imbibed a wide variety of alcoholic beverages. At Colonial Cocktails, you’ll get to make and enjoy two historical drinks and learn about colonial tavern culture. In this session, you’ll whip up some fall favorites: Wassail and Hot Buttered Rum, two warm drinks sure to keep you toasty as the leaves start to fall. $25 for members and $30 for non-members. Participants must be 21+.
Register and learn more about our COVID-19 policies at www.historiclondontown.org/events.
Anne Arundel County established a charter form of government in 1964.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.