Thursday, November 14, 2019
Christmas Flea Market, Jewelry and Bake Sale Time: 8:30am - 2:00pm Locations: Catherine L. O'Malley Senior Center 1275 Odenton Road Odenton, MD 21113 (410) 222-6227 Details: Stop by and pick up some delicious edible treasures or a unique item or two for the Holiday. Flea Market will include all kinds of Christmas decorations (ornaments, wall hangings, Santas, tableware) and more. Lots of jewelry-watches, earrings, necklaces, bracelets and gadgets! Baked Goods: cookies, mini-cakes, slices of pie/cakes, pound cakes, cheese cakes, brownies and other yummy treats. Donations for BAKE SALE and Flea Market can be left with the OFFICE please. Baked items can be brought in the day before or day of. All proceeds from this event benefit OSI (O’Malley Seniors, Inc.) Funds are used for programming, furnishings, and center improvements.
Animal Control Commission Meeting Time: 9:00am - 11:00am Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details: Commission Meeting
Board of Elections Meeting Time: 9:00am - 9:30am Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:
Regular Board Meeting
Living Well With Hypertension Time: 9:30am - 12:00pm Locations: Annapolis Senior Activity Center 119 S. Villa Ave., Annapolis Details: This is a free 2 1/2 hour workshop designed for people who have been diagnosed with hypertension and want to better manage their condition. The workshop is highly interactive with lots of activities and handouts. Sign up at the front desk.
Fresh Conversations - ANCIENT GRAINS MAKE A COMEBACK Time: 10:00am - 10:30am Locations: Catherine L. O'Malley Senior Center 1275 Odenton Road Odenton, MD 21113 (410) 222-6227 Details: Come learn the about: The difference between whole grains and refined grains Identify sources of whole grains and how much to include in your daily diet Learn how whole grains can help prevent constipation and other common health problems. Presented by The University of MD Extension Services. Call the center to register, as space is limited.
Mini Massage Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Massages of the head, back or neck are offered free of charge by certified massage therapist Bonnie Pavlak.
Shopping Trip - "Super" Walmart Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm Locations: Annapolis Senior Activity Center 119 S. Villa Ave., Annapolis Details: Sign up begins 11/1/19.
Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to schedule an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available every Thursday (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Kareoke Time: 12:30pm - 2:00pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Can you sing? Do you think you can sing? Great, come on out and showcase your skills. DJ Jim Bartley will be here to help you showoff your inner star! This event is always a fun and entertaining time.
Tim Amann Performance Time: 12:30pm - 1:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Tim will be here giving us a good old fashioned Rock and Roll show on Thursday, November 14th at 12:30. Tim knows how to get our members up on their feet and dancing away! Grab your best moves and dancing shoes!
Anne Arundel County House Delegation Meeting Time: 5:00pm - 7:00pm Locations: Tyras Athey Delegation Room 142, Lowe House Office Building, 6 Bladen St. Annapolis Details:
Please join us for our annual Legislative Priorities Meeting on November 14, 2019 in the Tyras Athey Delegation Room 142, Lowe House Office Building, 6 Bladen St. Annapolis. The public meeting will begin at 5pm.
The purpose of the meeting is to give organizations seeking Bond initiatives or legislation specific to Anne Arundel County, the opportunity to present their requests to the members of the Delegation.
Each organization will have 3 minutes for the presentation.
Please contact Siena Scott for any additional questions at the number below, or email at [email protected]
View Meeting Agenda
Anne Arundel County Commission for Women Meeting Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:The Anne Arundel County Commission for Women meet monthly on the 2nd Thursday at 7:00 p.m. virtually. Login instructions will be posted before the meeting.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.