Thursday, October 28, 2021
Art Exhibition @ Quiet Waters Park Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm Locations: Quiet Waters Park Details:
The gallery is located within the park Visitors Center. Featured artists shall be:
Annapolis Arts Alliance, Mixed Media, Willow Gallery; Franciscka Needham, Paintings, Garden Gallery Artist “Meet and Greet” on October 24, 2021.
Animal Track Hike Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm Locations: Kinder Farm Park Details: Join a Park Ranger to learn about the identifying animal tracks while on hike through Kinder Farm Park. You will also learn about the habits and behaviors of the animals that are identified via tracks. This program is good for all ages. Participants should plan for the weather and bring water. Please call 410-222-6115 to register.
Preschool Nature Hour Time: 10:00am - 11:00am Locations: Downs Park Details: Children and parents will learn about a different animal each week that makes its habitat at Downs Park with a story and other animal-centric activities. Entrance fee waived for participants. Please contact Ranger Turner at [email protected] for more information or to register.
Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to request an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available on specific Thursdays (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Youth Advisory Council Meeting Time: 5:00pm - 7:00pm Locations: See Description Details:
Members of the public who are interested in observing this meeting can contact James Kitchin at [email protected] for the meeting link and additional information.
Anne Arundel County established a charter form of government in 1964.
The Anne Arundel County Government consists of Departments and Offices as well as Boards & Commissions and other entities. These entities work together to serve our Citizen's needs.
Department DirectoryBoards & CommissionsOther Entities
Anne Arundel County provides a wide array of services and programs for its Citizens, Businesses, and Visitors
- Found Pet
- Lost Pet
- Online Crime Report (non emergency)
- Sewer or Water Emergency
- Missed Recycling & Trash
- Weeded Lot/Overgrown Grass
- Bus & Rail Transit Schedules
- Emergency Notifications
- Permit Status Inquiry
- Recreation & Parks Alerts
- Recycling & Trash Information
- Sports Team Schedules & Standings
A collection of tools and resources developed to empower citizens with information.
Learn how County taxes are spentBudget Information
Track Goals, Activities, & ProgressOpenPerformance
Discover sources for your analysisOpenData Portal
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.