Thursday, October 17, 2019
Agritourism Commission Meeting Time: 8:30am - 10:30am Locations: AAEDC’s multimedia conference room at 2660 Riva Road, Suite 200 Details: View Agendas
Agricultural Advisory Board Meeting Time: 9:00am - 9:30am Locations: Department of Recreation and Parks Small Conference Room Details: Board Meeting
Van Trip - IHOP Restaurant Time: 11:00am - 1:30pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Everybody loves IHOP and there’s something for everyone on their menu! Participants are responsible for the cost of their meal and tip. Trip limited to the first 12 people that sign up. Sign up by October 10th.
Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to schedule an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available every Thursday (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Charles Sullivan Time: 12:30pm - 1:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Charles Sullivan will entertain our Pascal members on Thursday, October 17th at 12:30. Charles long career in opera performance is a treat. Sit back and enjoy the amazing talent!
Retro Rockets Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: They’re Back! Singing, dancing and grooving into your heart, playing all the classics, here to get your toe tapping or hips swinging. A fun afternoon is sure to be had by all. Please register at the front desk
Septic Task Force Meeting Time: 4:00pm - 4:30pm Locations: Independence Conference Room 2664 Riva Road, Room 170, Annapolis, MD. 21401 Details:A Septic Task Force meeting is scheduled for:October 17, 2019, at 4:00 pmIndependence Conference Room2664 Riva Road, 1st Floor,Annapolis, MD 21401
Environmental Commission Meeting Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Heritage Office Complex at 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, Maryland - Chesapeake Room Details: The Commission meets every third Thursday of the month in the Chesapeake Room of the Heritage Office Complex at 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, Maryland. The Commission discusses environmental concerns in Anne Arundel County, and will prepare an annual report of its recommendations for County Executive Pittman. Meeting agendas and any changes in scheduling will be posted on this page in advance of each meeting. Members of the public are welcome to attend, and will be given a few minutes at the end of the meeting to provide brief comments to the Commission.
Gun Violence Prevention Task Force Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: 2000 Medical Parkway, Belcher Pavilion, 7th Floor, Doordan Institute. Details: Meeting Agendas
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.