Thursday, October 10, 2019
Board of Elections Meeting Time: 9:00am - 9:30am Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:
Regular Board Meeting
Mini Massage Time: 10:00am - 10:30am Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Mini-Massage Thursday, October 10th, 10:00 to noon, massages of the head, back or neck are offered free of charge by certified massage therapist Bonnie Pavlak.
AACC Job Fair Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: Anne Arundel Community College Jenkins Gymnasium Room 201 101 College Parkway Arnold, MD 21012 Details:
Looking for a job or trying to sharpen your interviewing skills?
Join AACC’s Job Fair to meet with prospective employers about their available openings! There will be dozens of employers with hundreds of opportunities available that will look great on your résumé. Professional attire is required.
Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to request an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available on specific Thursdays (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Daniel Clark the Singing Trooper Time: 12:30pm - 1:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: We are so excited to welcome The Singing Trooper to our stage! Daniel Clark is a nationally recognized professional vocalist that is traveling to the area. A former State Trooper and Marine, Mr. Clark will be sharing his talents with us on Thursday, October 10th at 12:30. Please invite your friends. All are welcome for this special performance!
Tim Amann Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Join us for an afternoon of musical variety and entertainment provided by the one and only Tim Amann. There will be plenty of singing and dancing. Please register at the front desk
AACC's Health Sciences Open House Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Anne Arundel Community College Florestano Building 101 College Parkway Arnold, MD 21012 Details:
Join the School of Health Sciences Open House to learn more about school programs and resources. It is a good opportunity to explore career options in the medical field. You can learn how to apply and register, tour innovative simulation labs and even relax with a free, seated massage, enjoy refreshments and take home some AACC swag!
Anne Arundel County Commission for Women Meeting Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:The Anne Arundel County Commission for Women meet monthly on the 2nd Thursday at 7:00 p.m. virtually. Login instructions will be posted before the meeting.
Anne Arundel County established a charter form of government in 1964.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.