Thursday, September 26, 2019
AARP Safe Driving Course Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm Locations: Catherine L. O'Malley Senior Center 1275 Odenton Road Odenton, MD 21113 (410) 222-6227 Details: Four hour course designed for seniors. Some auto insurance companies offer discounts in most states (but be sure to check with your individual provider). $20.00 fee for non AARP members, $15.00 for members. NO cash. Checks made to AARP.
Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to schedule an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available every Thursday (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Harry Evans Steel Guitar Mania Time: 12:30pm - 2:00pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Harry Evans will be here to perform on his amazing steel guitar, from classic to contemporary. He’s sure to play something you’ll love. Join us for an afternoon of musical entertainment
One Pot Meals Chef on the Go Time: 1:00pm - 1:30pm Locations: Catherine L. O'Malley Senior Center 1275 Odenton Road Odenton, MD 21113 (410) 222-6227 Details: Join Chef Rosalie Falter and learn how to make Chicken Tagine with Apricots and Pistachios and Italian Sausage & Two Bean Skillet. Not only will Rosalie prepare these foods, but tastings are a must! Recipes handed out to take with you. $4.00 supply fee, payable at the time of registration.
Reflexology Appointments Time: 1:00pm - 1:30pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Reflexology is the technique of manipulating
reflex points that correspond to specific
organs and body parts found within the feet
and hands. Pressure applied to the foot is
believed to bring relaxation and healing to the
corresponding areas of the body. Kim Murphy is a
seasoned Reflexologist and Yoga Therapy trainer. She
will be taking FREE, individual appointments for the last
Thursday of each month, at 1:00 pm, in 15 minute
increments. This is popular, so SIGN UP NOW!
ACDS Board Meeting Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm Locations: 2666 Riva Road Annapolis, MD 21401 2nd Floor Details: The eleven member board meets on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at the Heritage Office Complex, 2666 Riva Road, 2nd floor Rosenwald Room, Annapolis, MD. 21401.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.