Thursday, March 14, 2019
Troubleshooting your iPhone/iPad Time: All Day Locations: South County Senior Activity Center 27 Stepneys Lane Edgewater, MD 21037 Details: Need one on one help understanding your iPhone or iPad? Don’t understand all of the features, apps, or capabilities of your device? Lee Watkins will meet with individuals and small groups to help answer your questions. Sign up for an appointment at the front desk.
Harrington Raceway Casio Trip Time: All Day Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Bus leaves Two Rivers parking lot at 9:00 am and returns at 6:00 pm. Full payment of $25.00 due upon signup.
Board of Elections Meeting Time: 9:00am - 9:30am Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:
Regular Board Meeting
Mini-Massage Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Certified Massage Therapist Bonnie Pavlak will be providing massages of the head, back or neck, free of charge
Monarch Academy School Choir Time: 10:15am - 11:00am Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: On Thursday, March 14th at 10:15 we will be welcoming this talented choir to share their talents with us! A combined orchestra and vocal choir will be sure to entertain. Please show them how excited and delighted we are that they’re coming!
Van Trip - Bill Bateman's Time: 11:00am - 1:15pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Since they have been catering our parties with some great food, let’s go to their house! Bill Bateman’s Bistro is home of the best buffalo wings in town! They are the neighborhood sports bar with daily specials, and delicious food from wings and ribs to burgers and wraps. A menu is available at the front desk.
Bagpipes Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm Locations: Catherine L. O'Malley Senior Center 1275 Odenton Road Odenton, MD 21113 (410) 222-6227 Details: Join Greg Dehaven for a Great Highland Bagpipes performance. This particular type of bagpipes is native to Scotland and has acquired widespread recognition through its usage in the British military and in pipe bands throughout the world. Greg is a member of the Montgomery County Firefighters Pipes and Drums Band and the Chesapeake Caledonians Pipe Band in Annapolis. Light refreshments served to help celebrate the day of the Irish!
Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to schedule an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available every Thursday (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Rearview Mirror Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Come dance and enjoy the musical stylings of Rearview Mirror. Here to play all your favorite songs. Join your friends and family for an afternoon of musical entertainment. Please register at the front desk.
Anne Arundel County Commission for Women Meeting Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:The Anne Arundel County Commission for Women meet monthly on the 2nd Thursday at 7:00 p.m. virtually. Login instructions will be posted before the meeting.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.