Thursday, March 12, 2020
Board of Elections Meeting Time: 9:00am - 9:30am Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:
Regular Board Meeting
Shop 'N Eat - Brooklyn Park Location Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm Locations: Brooklyn Park Senior Activity Center 202 Hammonds Lane Brooklyn Park, MD 21225 Details: This program provides subsidized grocery cash cards to help offset the cost of groceries and nutrition education to empower seniors to purchase healthy foods and develop healthy eating habits. Eligibility requirements: 60 years of age or older, AA County resident, one per household, and mandatory participation in quarterly nutrition education. Safeway cards will be distributed to those who have pre-registered with the Nutrition Program. Class will be held on Thursday, March 12th from 9:00-12:00.
Miniature Fairy Gardening Workshop Time: 10:00am - 11:30am Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Back by popular demand! Join us for our miniature fairy garden class, just in time for Spring! Master Gardener, Bonnie Pavlak, will show you how to build beautiful bowls filled with live or imitation plants and fairy garden miniatures! The cost is $10 per person and includes all supplies. Sign up by March 9th and you’ll go home with your own unique creation! Maximum of 10 people.
Crafts with Scott Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Come join Scott on Tuesday mornings at 11:00 to make beautiful and creative crafts! Advanced sign-up is required. *FEES MAY APPLY* MARCH 3RD,10TH,17TH, 24TH & 31ST
Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to request an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available on specific Thursdays (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Mike Rose Magic Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Mike Rose presents a hilarious magic show that is action packed & entertaining for an audience of any age. Please join him on Thursday, March 12th at 12:30. We welcome guests of all ages to this fun event. Bring your little buddies, your best friends, roommates or even your Honey to this sure to dazzle show!
Rearview Mirror Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Join us for a performance by Rearview Mirror. This show is always high energy and guaranteed to get your feet moving! Join your friends and neighbors as we rock n roll the day away!
Skin Cancer Screening Time: 1:00pm - 3:30pm Locations: Catherine L. O'Malley Senior Center 1275 Odenton Road Odenton, MD 21113 (410) 222-6227 Details: Thursday, March 12, 1:00-3:30. Anne Arundel Dermatology will provide complimentary skin cancer screenings of sun exposed areas. The dermatologist will only be examining areas that are not typically covered by clothing face, neck, arms, hands, etc. (some of the most common spots for skin cancer). From here, the dermatologist will determine if there are any areas of concern that would nee further treatment. Appointments are required, and are done on 15 minute increments. Call the center to schedule.
AACC 2020 College Fair(Cancelled) Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: AACC Arnold campus, 101 College Parkway Details: Meet with representatives from more than 130 colleges! In one evening and in one location you can: start your college search, narrow your choices or select a school; pick up college catalogs, brochures and flyers from reps of AACC and 135 colleges and universities; ask admissions representatives about admission requirements, programs of study, tuition costs and financial aid opportunities, campus life, upcoming tours, and info sessions for prospective students; learn more about AACC!
Jenkins Gymnasium at AACC, 101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012
Gun Violence Prevention Task Force(Cancelled) Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: 2000 Medical Parkway, Belcher Pavilion, 7th Floor, Doordan Institute. Details: Meeting Agendas
Anne Arundel County Commission for Women Meeting Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm Locations: Virtual Meeting Details:The Anne Arundel County Commission for Women meet monthly on the 2nd Thursday at 7:00 p.m. virtually. Login instructions will be posted before the meeting.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.