Thursday, March 7, 2019
Troubleshooting your iPhone/iPad Time: All Day Locations: South County Senior Activity Center 27 Stepneys Lane Edgewater, MD 21037 Details: Need one on one help understanding your iPhone or iPad? Don’t understand all of the features, apps, or capabilities of your device? Lee Watkins will meet with individuals and small groups to help answer your questions. Sign up for an appointment at the front desk.
Permit Center Late Opening Time: 8:00am - 10:00am Locations: Permit Center 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD. 21401 Details: The Permit Center will open at 10 today for staff training. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Permit Center at (410) 222-7730.
AARP Safe Drivers Course Time: 9:30am - 1:30pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Refresh your driving skills with AARP’s driver safety course. You will learn defensive driving techniques, proven safety strategies and new laws and rules of the road. There are no tests to pass, you simply sign up and learn. Upon completion of the course, you could receive a multi-year discount on your car insurance. Please bring your driver’s license and AARP membership card with you to class. Fee is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members, PAYABLE AT SIGN-UP. Sign up by 3/1/19.
Jed Duvall as Paul McCartney Time: 11:45am - 12:15pm Locations: O'Malley Activity Center - 1275 Odenton Road Odenton, MD 21113 Details: Thursday, March 7, 11:45. Jed Duvall is an award winning tribute artist. He doesn’t hit the stage until he knows the artist inside and out, through books, documentaries and films. Join him for a little of the Beatles and Sir Paul McCartney!
Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to schedule an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available every Thursday (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Chef on the Go Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Join Rosalie Falter as she teaches you how to make a wonderful meal for St. Patrick’s day. The menu includes Irish Salad, Irish stew and mulled pears with juniper. There is a $5 supply/ registration fee. Please register at the front desk.
Harry Evans on Steel Guitar Time: 12:30pm - 2:30pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: On Thursday, March 7th at 12:30 we have a new entertainer coming to provide Country, blues, Motown, and all the best oldies dance music on the Steel Guitar! We’re happy to have a new kind of sound coming to Pascal!
Housing Options Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: South County Senior Activity Center 27 Stepneys Lane Edgewater, MD 21037 Details: Marie Simpson, Certified Senior Real Estate Specialist with Long and Foster, provides an update on 55+ housing, what to do with your empty nest and options for aging in place. Learn about challenges of aging in place, opportunities for downsizing, financing, and resources in Anne Arundel County. Sign up at the front desk.
Mardi Gras Party Music by Thom Roland Band Time: 12:30pm - 1:00pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Join your friends for an afternoon of music, dancing and fun with the Thom Roland Band. Please register at the front desk!
Severn River Commission Meeting Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Locations: Heritage Office Complex Severn Room, 4th Floor 2664 Riva Road Annapolis 21401 Details: Advisory body to State, County and City of Annapolis on environmental and other matters within the Severn River Watershed.
AACC College Fair Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Anne Arundel Community College, Jenkins Gymnasium, 101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012 Details:
At the College Fair, you can
- Check out colleges you may not have considered – Over 135 colleges and universities represented
- Learn more about those on your short list.
- Reconnect with admissions representatives with whom you’ve had contact.
- Learn more about AACC!
AACC representatives will introduce you to the many paths you can take here at your community college. They'll explain how you can take course that will transfer to a Maryland or out-of-state, 4-year college or join a program that provides immediate job training. You can also learn how to get an early start on college classes while you’re still in high school.
The AACC College Fair is a must attend event!
Contact phone: 410-777-1999 or https://www.aacc.edu/college-fair/
Address: Anne Arundel Community College, Jenkins Gymnasium, 101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012
Budget Town Hall Meeting Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Glen Burnie High School Details:
District 2 - Glen Burnie High School Auditorium with Councilmember Allison Pickard
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.