Thursday, March 5, 2020
Permit Center Late Opening Time: 8:00am - 10:00am Locations: Permit Center 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD. 21401 Details: The Permit Center will open at 10 today for staff training. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Permit Center at (410) 222-7730.
Congressman Sarbanes Visit Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: After a hiatus, consultations for residents of the 3rd Congressional District are available on Thursday, March 5th at 11:00PM. A Constituent Services Represented will be here to talk to residents about their questions and concerns.
Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to schedule an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available every Thursday (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
George Garris Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Come join us for music and dancing with a performance by George Garris. It’s sure to be an entertaining afternoon filled with music and fun. Please register at the front desk.
Island Breeze with Meki Toalepai Time: 12:30pm - 2:30pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Let’s get ready for warmer weather with a trip to the islands with sounds of reggae music as well as a mix of music from yesteryears including favorites from the 60’s, 70’s and pop hits. Local musician, Meki, has put his own spin on some of our favorite songs. Join us on Thursday, March 5th at 12:30 for this musical treat!
Brian Bour Dinner Fundraiser Time: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details:
Come and join us again for a re-boot of the festive Fundraiser to benefit the Arnold Senior Activities Center, sponsored by Arnold Seniors, inc. (ASI), at the Brian Boru Restaurant & Pub in Severna Park! The special menu crafted for this event includes your choice of the following:
Starter: A cup of traditional Potato & Leek Soup, Tomato Whiskey Soup, or a small Caesar Salad or Garden Salad
Main Course: Chicken Pot Pie, Fish & Chips, Medieval Beef Stew, Shepherd’s Pie, Homestead Turkey Platter, or Vegetarian Boxty (Potato Pancake)
Dessert: Bailey’s Espresso Chocolate Mousse or Traditional Bread Pudding
Cost is $25.00 per person +6% MD tax +18% Gratuity per person; Beverages extra. RESERVATIONS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED! Please call 410-975-2678. You will need to present the special flyer (provided at the Center front desk)
When you place your order so that $10.00 of each meal will go to the Arnold Senior Activity Center! So come out and show your support while enjoying a great meal with friends!
Severn River Commission Meeting Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Locations: 2664 Riva Road 4th Floor Details: View Meeting Documents
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.