Thursday, February 28, 2019
Luncheon Trip to Cooper's Hawk Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm Locations: Annapolis Senior Activity Center 119 S. Villa Ave., Annapolis Details: Enjoy a nice lunch at a local Annapolis restaurant. Sign up begins 2/1/19.
Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to schedule an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available every Thursday (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Jumpin Joe Phillips and the Winstons Time: 12:30pm - 2:30pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Thursday, February 28th at 12:30. Pascal will be alive with classic MoTown favorites including The Temptations, The Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and more!
Tim Amman/Pet Rock Time: 12:30pm - 2:00pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Join us for the musical stylings of Tim Amman/Pet Rock. It’s sure to be an afternoon filled with great music and fun. Please register at the front desk.
How to Tell Your Story Out Loud to an Audience Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: South County Senior Activity Center 27 Stepneys Lane Edgewater, MD 21037 Details: Here is your chance to get on stage and tell us something from your heart. Everyone, including you, has a story to tell. When it is real and personal and from your own experience, these stories can be compelling and universally appealing. This four-part class focuses on the written word, your own story, and how to then confidently and effectively Present with Power and Poise in Public. Please join us whether you are looking to build confidence and tune your skills or are a polished public speaker. Participants should bring a draft story of up to three pages to the first class, attend the three classes, edit and fine-tune their speech to share with the class and then present their four-to -seven minute Edgewater Talk “EDTalk” at the senior center on a future date in March. Your facilitator, Paul Foer, has presented to audiences in over 20 states and is a Bronze level Toastmaster. He holds an MA in journalism, was a radio show host, wrote over 150 columns for The Capital newspaper and hundreds of articles and stories in other publications. He thinks that public speaking is fun, and hopes you will agree.
ACDS Board Meeting Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm Locations: 2666 Riva Road Annapolis, MD 21401 2nd Floor Details: The eleven member board meets on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at the Heritage Office Complex, 2666 Riva Road, 2nd floor Rosenwald Room, Annapolis, MD. 21401.
Teen Writers Club Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm Locations: Odenton Regional Library Details:
Special Event - Teens
Explore the craft of writing with the help of a volunteer from the Maryland Writers' Association. A completed permission form is required for new attendees.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.