Thursday, February 20, 2020
Van Trip: Ballet Theater of Maryland Swan Lake Time: 10:00am - 12:30pm Locations: South County Senior Activity Center 27 Stepneys Lane Edgewater, MD 21037 Details: This timeless classic tells the story of Prince Siegfried and a beautiful maiden, Odette, who has been cursed by an evil sorcerer to take the form of a swan during the day. Discover their fate as the prince battles the sorcerer for Odette’s freedom, love and life. Tickets cost $10.00. Sign up for this trip will begin on Monday, February 3. Space on the van is limited. Trip is subject to cancellation depending on availability of transportation. Sign up by Thursday, February 13.
Van Trip: Swan Lake Time: 10:00am - 12:30pm Locations: South County Senior Activity Center 27 Stepneys Lane Edgewater, MD 21037 Details: This timeless classic tells the story of Prince Siegfried and a beautiful maiden, Odette, who has been cursed by an evil sorcerer to take the form of a swan during the day. Discover their fate as the prince battles the sorcerer for Odette’s freedom, love and life. Tickets cost $10.00. Sign up for this trip will begin on Monday, February 3. Space on the van is limited. Trip is subject to cancellation depending on availability of transportation. Sign up by Thursday, February 13.
Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to request an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available on specific Thursdays (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Harry Evans Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Harry Evans will be here to perform with his fantastic steel guitar. All the music you know and love. Harry’s talented performance is always a hit. Please register at the front desk
Rearview Mirror Time: 12:30pm - 2:30pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Performing on Thursday, February 20th, at 12:30, this well loved group will be bringing back memories from poodle skirts, drive–in movies, discos, and sock hops. Specializing in the hits of the 40’s, 50’s,60’s and beyond to bring the kind of music that can be enjoyed by all!
Environmental Commission Meeting(Cancelled) Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Heritage Office Complex at 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, Maryland - Chesapeake Room Details: The Commission meets every third Thursday of the month in the Chesapeake Room of the Heritage Office Complex at 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, Maryland. The Commission discusses environmental concerns in Anne Arundel County, and will prepare an annual report of its recommendations for County Executive Pittman. Meeting agendas and any changes in scheduling will be posted on this page in advance of each meeting. Members of the public are welcome to attend, and will be given a few minutes at the end of the meeting to provide brief comments to the Commission.
HRC Meeting Time: 6:30pm - 7:00pm Locations: Virtual Event Details:
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 470 381 2552 or +1 470 250 9358 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 669 219 2599 or 888 475 4499 (Toll Free) or 833 548 0276 (Toll Free)
Public Meeting: Phase 2: South Shore Trail Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm Locations: Arundel Middle School Details: A public meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 20, 2020 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., at the Arundel Middle School Media Center to present the Phase 2 design of South Shore Trail. The proposed design will extend the hiker biker trail from Sapping Station Road to Bonheur Avenue. Department of Recreation and Parks and DPW officials will present information on the proposed park improvements, and will also answer questions from those in attendance. The public meeting will be rescheduled if the Arundel Middle School is closed due to inclement weather.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.