Thursday, February 7, 2019
Permit Center Late Opening Time: 8:00am - 10:00am Locations: Permit Center 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD. 21401 Details: The Permit Center will open at 10 today for staff training. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Permit Center at (410) 222-7730.
County Executives and Baltimore Mayor Support Statewide Minimum Wage Increase Time: 12:00pm - 12:30pm Locations: Room 145, House Office Building 6 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD 21401 Details: Area county executives and Baltimore City mayor will come together to assert their support for legislation to increase the statewide minimum wage to $15 per hour by 2023. The legislation, under consideration by the Maryland General Assembly, will phase in the wage increase over five years, and tie future increases to the Consumer Price Index.
Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to schedule an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available every Thursday (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Frank and Trish Present Time: 12:30pm - 1:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: A 70’s Musical Revue
Jed Duvall - Tribute Artist Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Activity 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Jed will be here performing as the Man in Black himself, Johnny Cash. His performances are always lively and entertaining. A good time is sure to be had by all. Please register at the front desk.
Governor Larry Hogan Proclamation Announcement Time: 1:30pm - 2:30pm Locations: Maryland State House 2nd Floor Details: Details below:
Commission Meeting Time: 4:00pm - 4:30pm Locations: Heritage Office Complex Severn Room, 4th Floor 2664 Riva Road Annapolis 21401 Details: Advisory body to State, County and City of Annapolis on environmental and other matters within the Severn River Watershed.
Paws to Read Time: 4:45pm - 5:45pm Locations: Crofton Community Library 1681 Riedel Road, Crofton Details: Children in elementary school improve their reading skills while enjoying the rapt attention of a canine tutor. Registration opens two weeks prior to each date. Participants may sign up for one reading per quarter due to the popularity of the program.
9-1-1 Open House Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm Locations: Anne Arundel County Police Headquarters 8495 Veterans Highway Millersville, Maryland 21108 Details: Interested in call-taking or dispatch? Stop by one of our radio room hiring open houses! We look forward to hearing you on the other side of our radios!
Teen Writers Club Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Eastport Annapolis Neck Community Library Details:
Special Event - Teens
Teens and tweens ages 11-17 explore the craft of writing with the help of a volunteer from the Maryland Writers' Association. A completed permission form is required for new attendees. For more information call the branch at 410-222-1770.
Beverly Triton Beach Park Improvements Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm Locations: Mayo Elementary School Cafeteria 1260 Mayo Ridge Road Edgewater 21037 Details: Department of Recreation and Parks and DPW officials will present information on the proposed park improvements and answer questions from the public.
Beverly Triton Beach Park Public Meeting Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm Locations: Mayo Elementary School Details:
PUBLIC MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
Beverly Triton Beach Park - Project# P570302
Who: Anne Arundel County Department of Public Works (DPW)
What: Beverly Triton Beach Park Public Meeting
When: Thursday, February 7, 2019/ 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Where: Mayo Elementary School - Cafeteria, 1260 Mayo Ridge Road, Edgewater, MD 21037
A public meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., at the Mayo Elementary School Cafeteria to present the proposed Beverly Triton Beach Park redevelopment. The proposed design will refine what was presented during the Mayo Parks Master Plan process.
Department of Recreation and Parks and DPW officials will present information on the proposed park improvements, and will also answer questions from those in attendance.
The public meeting will be rescheduled if the Mayo Elementary School is closed due to inclement weather.
Anyone needing accommodations must contact DPW Customer Relations at 410-222-7582, or by email at [email protected] at least seven days in advance of the event. TTY users please call via Maryland Relay 7-1-1. All materials are available in alternative formats upon request.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.