Thursday, February 6, 2020
Permit Center Late Opening Time: 8:00am - 10:00am Locations: Permit Center 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD. 21401 Details: The Permit Center will open at 10 today for staff training. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Permit Center at (410) 222-7730.
Congressman Sarbanes Q&A Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: After a hiatus, consultations for residents of the 3rd Congressional District are available on Thursday, February 6th at 11:00PM. A Constituent Services Represented will be here to talk to residents about their questions and concerns.
Rabies & Microchip Clinic Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Locations: 411 Maxwell Frye Road Millersville, MD 21108 Details:
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinics at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control resumed beginning Thursday May 14, 2020. Effective Thursday June 11, 2020 Animal Care & Control will be resuming microchip implantations. The procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors as best we can. We have been adjusting the clinic each week to find the most effective and efficient ways of providing the services and we will continue to review in an attempt to improve the process. We continue to ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Go to https://www.aacounty.org/departments/animal-control/rabies-clinic-scheduling/index.html to request an appointment. We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited however we believe the number of appointments available is commensurate with the current need.
A few things to note:
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose (even when 6 feet or greater from our team members)
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees MUST remain at least 6 feet from our team members and MAY NOT linger outside their vehicle.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or “do best” when handled by their owner for safety reasons. Please contact your regular full service veterinarian for assistance.
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will call you to obtain payment and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another date/time
- License renewals must be mailed in
- Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00.
- Microchip Implantation is $20.00
Low cost rabies vaccinations and microchip implantations are available on specific Thursdays (except holidays) for a period of 3 hours at Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control. Times are dependent on the season and we do have some clinics with special hours. The veterinarian leaves promptly at the end time for the clinic. Depending on the length of the line, Animal Care & Control may conclude the line at an appropriate time to ensure all individuals remaining in line receive the services.
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Clark Musical Review Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pascal Senior Activity Center 125 Dorsey Road Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Details: Our own Pascal Volunteer Karen Clark and her husband Barry are also amazing performers! Singing Country and old favorites to delight any audience. Please come and enjoy our own homegrown talent on Thursday, February 6th at 12:30.
Intro to Sewing Time: 12:30pm - 3:30pm Locations: Arnold Senior Activity Center 44 Church Road Arnold, MD 21012 Details: Interested in learning to sew? Whether you're a complete beginner or need a refresher, these classes will teach the basics to get you started on your sewing journey. Veteran sewing instructor, Pauline Senk, will help you learn the basics of sewing beginning with becoming familiar with the sewing machine. This will include how to thread, how to wind a bobbin and how to change a needle. You’ll also learn how to use the various stitches on the machine, about the different types of fabrics and the sewing machine adjustments for them, and learn how to create a project by using a pattern. These classes are FREE of charge! Sign up today, as class size is limited to 8 students!
Reminiscing with Uncle Bill Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Locations: Pasadena Senior Activity Center 4103 Mountain Road Pasadena, MD 21122 Details: Bill Riley will be here to perform music of the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s along with his comedic wit. This is sure to be an entertaining afternoon.
Joint Initiative to Eliminate the Opportunity Gap Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Locations: Broadneck High School Auditorium 1265 Green Holly Dr, Annapolis, MD 21409 Details:
Members of the Joint Initiative to Eliminate the Opportunity Gap committee will provide an update on the work of the group at a public meeting. For more information, visit Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
With almost 54,000 businesses, Anne Arundel County is a major hub of commerce and development. With a $35 billion economy, low taxes, a vast multi-modal transportation system, highly skilled workforce and excellent educational institutions, Anne Arundel County is the premier location to do business.