Weekly Rabies & Microchip Clinic
Notice Regarding Rabies ClinicsRabies clinic procedures have been modified to comply with social distancing, restrictions on gathering and ensure the health well being of citizens and Animal Care & Control team members/contractors. We ask for your patience as we work out the kinks of this new process.
Animal Care & Control will be pre-scheduling the services by appointment. Please email [email protected] to make an appointment.
We apologize but the number of citizens/animals serviced will be limited. You will be contacted by one of our team members with the next available appointment day/time. This may or may not be the next normally scheduled clinic day. We hope as we test the process out we will be able to adjust and provide services to more individuals/pets but we must ensure this can be done safely and in accordance with regulations.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - MUST READ!
- Attendees WILL NOT be allowed inside Animal Care & Control as the building is CLOSED to the public.
- Clinic attendees MUST BE Anne Arundel County County Residents and are limited to bringing two (2) pets per appointment.
- Attendees MUST remain in their vehicle unless/until instructed otherwise by our team member.
- Attendees MUST be wearing a mask over their mouth & nose even when 6 feet from our team members.
- Animal Care & Control WILL NOT be offering these services (for the time being) for animals that require a muzzle or do best when handled by their owner.
- All dogs MUST BE ON A 6 FOOT LEASH (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- All cats MUST BE IN A CARRIER (attendees will be given instructions on how to transfer the animal to our team member while ensuring social distancing)
- Attendees will be providing ALL necessary information regarding themselves, their animal and identifying information about their vehicle when the appointment is made.
- Payment will be made OVER THE PHONE and proof of ID must be provided when we call to provide your appointment time. An AACACC team member will contact you to obtain payment (Rabies Vaccination cost is $5.00 ) and provide your appointment time between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m on the Thursday your appointment has been scheduled for. If you cannot make that date/time please advise us so we can schedule you for the next available date/time.
- If you are not here on the correct date and at the time of your appointment you will be rescheduled for another available date/time (we apologize but to ensure a smooth process attendees must understand)
- We are not currently providing microchip implantation services
- License renewals must be mailed in
Please note clinics are weather permitting and may be canceled for high temperatures, low temperatures, precipitation, air quality or any other factors that may increase risks to citizens or animals at the outdoor clinic.
Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.