Park open from 7:00 am to Dusk
Cartop Boat Launch
- Beachwood Park is located on the Magothy River. Parking is on Beachwood Drive along the wooden guardrail.
- Care is needed carrying your canoe or kayak to the waters edge as the slope is quite steep. The closest launch location is 621 feet or 0.12 mile from the parking area. The path is straight leading towards the water.
- There are quite a number of natural paths through the wooded areas on both sides of Beachwood Park Road and Magothy Bridge Road.
- Total trails are as follows: North quadrant 1,906 feet or 0.36 mile (north of Magothy Bridge Rd) and West quadrant 5,781 feet or 1.09 miles (west of Beachwood Park Rd) and East quadrant 7,940 feet or 1.50 miles (east of Beachwood Park Rd)
- Total 15,627 feet or 2.96 miles
- Beachwood Park is a historic site once owned and operated as an African American beach resort and amusement facility from 1948 to the early 1960’s.