Land Use Activity & GIS Data
Several County Departments have collaborated to provide reports, maps and GIS data for citizens and businesses to understand how the County is being developed and to retrieve information pertinent to their projects. This list will continue to be updated as the County seeks to provide additional data and information to the general public.
- Reports, Maps, & LinksListed below are reports, maps, and links to resources that provide information about development activity and land use within the County. Click on the name of the resource or the image to access more information. This information is collected and provided by Planning & Zoning, Inspections & Permits and the Department of Public Works.
- Interactive Mapping ApplicationsThe County has developed several interactive mapping applications to assist you in exploring Anne Arundel County. You can use your web-browser to access these maps. If you are having trouble with any of the applications, one of these tips may help:Note: The County is currently migrating several of our applications off of technology that utilizes the Microsoft Silverlight Plugin. Until that time, several of the applications will only function on certain browsers and devices. See list for more detail.
- Disable pop-up blocker
- Set Internet Options to check for newer version of stored pages "Every time I visit the webpage"
- Clear Your Browser's Cache. For instructions on how to clear your cache visit: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
- Get Maps / Data In Person
The County provides two location for customers to obtain maps and GIS data in person:
Public Works - Bureau of Engineering Information Counter
Customers can obtain Record Drawings, Topographic maps, Monument Cards, and Digital Maps.
Heritage Office Complex
2662 Riva Road, 2nd Floor
Annapolis, MD 21041
Hours: M-F 7:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Phone: (410) 222-7049
Planning & Zoning - Map Information Counter
A number of ordinances, regulations, planning documents, aerial photographs, digital map data, and various map products are available for viewing and purchase.
Heritage Office Complex
4th floor, 2664 Riva Road
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (410) 222-7463
- GIS Data for Download
We make available a series of data layers collected from various departments throughout the county. These layers are posted for free and updated per the date listed as new information becomes available. Data is provided in zipped ESRI shapefile format using the NAD_1983_StatePlane_Maryland_FIPS_1900_Feet projection.For questions or comments: [email protected]
Other sources for GIS data:
State Highway Administration (SHA) Maryland Department of Natural Resources Maryland iMAP United States Geological Survey (USGS)
Disclaimer: While efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of this data, Anne Arundel County accepts no liability or responsibility for errors, omissions, or positional inaccuracies in the content of this data. Reliance on this data is at the risk of the user. This data is for illustration purposes only and should not be used for surveying, engineering, or site-specific analysis. For additional information view the GIS Disclaimer.