Transportation Vision & Mission
Mission Statement of Transportation
- Maintaining a comprehensive transportation development program that identifies the Anne Arundel's long-range transportation needs.
- Recommending on an annual basis a Transportation Improvement Program for the six fiscal years next ensuing.
- Recommending priorities for project requests that are to be submitted for funding through state, regional and local transportation funding programs.
- Recommend the development of innovative local and regional transit options.
- Recommend quality pedestrian and bicycle accommodations.
- Recommend priorities for all its citizens, regardless of age or ability, with accessibility and mobility.
- Receiving reports and findings on transportation project development studies and recommending follow up actions.
- Recommending transportation projects for addition to or deletion from the metropolitan planning organization and regional long-range transportation plans.
- Recommending such amendments may be necessary or desirable to the transportation chapter of the Anne Arundel's adopted Master Plan.
- Preparing periodic reports on the Anne Arundel's progress in implementing its long-range transportation plan.