Skip Navigation
Page Background

Frequently Asked Questions

If you are seeking information about your case, go to Maryland Judiciary Case Search.

What kinds of cases do you prosecute?

The State's Attorney's Office is charged with prosecuting all criminal and traffic offenses that occur in Anne Arundel County. These include all crimes, ranging from a traffic offense to murder. Our office represents the victims of crimes. We do not handle civil matters, nor Department of Human Resources Division matters such as child support.

If I'm a victim or witness, who do I contact for information?

If your case is in the Circuit Court, contact (410)-222-1740. If your case is in Annapolis District Court, call (410) 260-1330. And, for Glen Burnie District Court cases, call (410) 222-6085.

How do I report a crime?

Victims or witnesses should call the police to make a report. IN certain circumstance, you may also go to a District Court Commissioner and file charges against the person who you allege committed a crime against you. 

What if I can't show up for court even after having receiving a subpoena?

A subpoena means you MUST come to court on the assigned date. If you are unable to do so the Assistant State's Attorney handling the case or Victim-Witness Specialist MUST personally excuse you. Not showing up for your court date may result in a bench warrant or body attachment being issued for your arrest.

When is my court date?

The court date is locate on the subpeaon. If you did not reciev a subpeon, check Maryland Judiciary Case Search or contact the Victim-Witness advocate assigned to your case.

How do I find out if there are any charges against me?

Please check Maryland Judiciary Case Search

How can I collect my child support?

​The Anne Arundel County State's Attorney's Office does not play a role in child support or domestic relations matters other than domestic violence. Please contact the Office of Child Support Enforcement for Anne Arundel County at 1-800-332-6347.

Ask us a Question

If you are seeking information that is not available on our site, please fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible. Please note that we are ethically barred from providing legal advice.