With the fast-paced world in which we live, it is very likely that you may be involved in some type of dispute. Whether the dispute is at home, school, work or in your community, it can lead to great frustration. Often such disputes end up in court. In court, it is conceivable that the underlying problem may not be resolved and the parties will remain dissatisfied. Mediation provides a forum for individuals to talk out their problems with a neutral individual rather than drag them through the courts. Mediation empowers people to resolve their own problems in a constructive way and enables them to avoid conflict in the future.
The Mediation Center provides an alternative means of resolving:
- Minor types of criminal charges
- Telephone abuse
- Malicious destruction of property
- Minor assaults before trial
- Familial disputes in which present and former spouses, boyfriends, girlfriends, siblings, parents or extended family members who are caught up in domestic difficulties
- Neighbor vs. neighbor disputes