Trail Safety is #1
All Trail Users
- Respect other trail users, private property, and trail property
- Travel on the right side of the trail
- Move completely off the trail when stopped
- Observe road crossing and other signage
- Never enter a crosswalk until clear of oncoming traffic in both directions
- Do not use earbuds that impede your hearing of other trail users
- Pay attention to your surroundings, not your cellphone
- Use short leashes and clean up after your pet
- Notify emergency services in case of an accident or incident. For police or fire call 911
- Use care around horses
Pedestrians, Runners and Personal Mobility Device Users
- Stay to the right, no more than 2 abreast; allow room for others to safely pass
- Maintain a straight and predictable line
- Do not stop or turnaround without looking ahead AND behind you
Bicycle and Other Wheeled Device Users (skates, scooters, ellipticals, etc)
- Racing or riding in a reckless manner is prohibited. No pace lines.
- Always give pedestrians the right of way.
- Pass cautiously on the left single file when safe to do so - clear sight line, no oncoming trail users; while always giving an audible warning, for example, “Passing on your left” or ringing your bell.
- Obey posted bike speed limits, never exceeding 15 MPH on the Trails
- Use extra caution around children and congested areas
- Use bike racks and always lock your bike
- Electric bicycles are permitted on all paved County Park trails and upon authorized natural surface trails, unless otherwise signed. Please obey speed limits and follow our visitor ethics.