Horse Riding on the Trails
Rules, Regulations and Locations
- Hours are sunrise to sunset.
- Stay on designated and signed trails.
- Pick up your trash and pack it out.
- Bun bags / manure catchers are only required while riding on or along paved trails.
- Parking areas must be kept free of manure and owners/riders must collect and dispose of feces off site.
- All trails are multiuse and equestrians have the right of way. All other users should yield to horses, should alert riders before passing and slow to walking speeds while passing.
- Never tie horses to trees, use hitch posts or tie to trailers.
- Do not shortcut trail switchbacks or create your own trails.
- Riding prohibited during periods of wet weather or muddy soil conditions.
- Horses must be attended at all time and groups of riders must maintain single file line.
- Jumping, racing or riding faster than a walk is prohibited.
- Be sure to cross streams only at designated areas, if any.
- Smoking or any kind of open flame is prohibited on the Trails and in the woods.
- A negative coggins test not more than 12 months old for all horses over six months of age is required. Proof of equine testing certification must be carried by the horse owner/rider at all times while the animal is within a park.
- Engaging in commercial trail riding activities is prohibited without a permit.
- Kinder Farm Park1001 Kinder Farm Park Rd, Millersville (410) 222-6115
Riding permitted on all non-paved trails during normal operating hours.
Trailer parking is available.
Kinder Farm Park
- Lake Shore Athletic Complex863 Woods Road, Pasadena (410) 222-6230
Riding permitted on all non-paved trails during normal operating hours. Trailer parking is available in the gated upper parking lot. The entrance to equestrian trails at Lake Shore Athletic Complex is the southern parking lot which is gated with a combination lock. The combination lock must be secured immediately upon entering and leaving the park.
Combination Lock Request Form
- Magothy Greenway Natural Area at Loopers Field25 N. Shore Road, Pasadena (410) 222-6230
Riding permitted on the red and yellow trails which are accessed from Looper’s Field during normal operating hours.
The entrance to Magothy Greenway Natural Area at Loopers Field is the southern parking lot which is gated with a combination lock. The combination lock must be secured immediately upon entering and leaving the park.
Combination Lock Request Form
- B&A TrailRiding permitted between Boulter’s Way and Waterford Road. No trailer parking available. (410) 222-6141
- WB&A TrailRiding is allowed between June Drive and Bragers Road. No trailer parking available. (410) 222-6141
- BWI TrailRiding permitted near the Andover Equestrian Center. Limited trailer parking may be available at the Equestrian Center, but please call first at (410) 662-7858.
Andover Equestrian Center
- Special Accommodations NoticeThe Anne Arundel County Dept. of Recreation and Parks is committed to serving those with disabilities.
In compliance with the intent and spirit of the Americans with Disability Act, our commitment is to ensure accessible parks, facilities, programs and services.
Anyone needing special park accommodations should contact the Parks Bureau at (410) 222-7317 or by e-mail to [email protected] at least 7 days prior to their expected use of facilities, programs or services. TTY users, please call via Maryland Relay 711.
All materials are available in an alternative format upon request.