Mayo Beach Park - Cartop Boat Launch
Cartop Launch Open: Sunrise to Sunset
Cartop Boat Launch
- The launch is located on the South River in Anne Arundel County, Maryland
- It is available seven days a week from sunrise to sunset except during Adaptive Camp Hours: 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday of July and August 2020.
- It has grass parking. Approximately 20 parking spaces are available at the car top launch. Parking surface is a mixture of grass and sand. If it is raining or muddy, use the regular gravel parking lot at the top of the hill.
- On public open days (weekends during the summer months. See main page for details), you may drop your equipment off at Cartop Launch, but you must park in the main parking lot.
- Those accessing the car top launch may not picnic, swim, or hangout in the park during non-public open swim days. A boat/water craft of some sort must accompany the vehicle with the intention of launching that day.
- Port-a-potties are available for use.
- Spectators are not allowed.
- No overnight parking.
How to Access the Cartop Launch
- Our cartop launch is located on the left directly after entering through the main gates of the park. You will see a yellow chain with a lock at the entrance.
- To access the launch, you will need to fill out our Cartop Launch Access form.
- After filling the form out, you will receive a combination code in the next browser window. The code changes randomly. Please fill out this form each time you enter.
- This form helps us know how many people are utilizing the car top launch and will help in the event that someone does not return to their vehicle. Please close the entrance gate and secure the cartop launch chain after opening.