Mayo Beach Park - Cartop Boat Launch
Cartop Launch Open: 7 a.m. to Sunset
Cartop Boat Launch
- The launch is located on the South River in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- Available seven days a week from 7:00 a.m. to sunset except during Adaptive Camp Hours: 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday in the months of July through August.
- On public open days, you must obtain a pass at YourPassNow.com in order to utilize the car top launch. Please see instructions on the main Mayo Beach Website on how to obtain a pass and on public open days dates and times.
- Approximately 20 parking spaces are available at the cartop launch. The parking surface is a mixture of grass and sand. If it is raining or muddy, use the regular gravel parking lot at the top of the hill.
- Those accessing the car top launch may not picnic, swim, or hang out in the park during non-public open swim days. A boat/watercraft of some sort must accompany the vehicle with the intention of launching that day.
- Port-a-Potties are available for use.
- Spectators are not allowed.
- No overnight parking.
How to Access the Cartop Launch
- Our cartop launch is located inside the main gate of Mayo Beach Park. The gate should be unlocked. You are welcome to open it, but please make sure you close it behind you. Directly on the left after entering the main gate, you will see a yellow chain with a lock at the entrance.
- To access the launch, you will need to fill out our Cartop Launch Access form.
- After filling the form out, you will receive a combination code in the next browser window. The code changes randomly. Please fill out this form each time you enter and as close to the time of launch as possible.
- This form helps us know how many people are utilizing the car top launch and will help in the event that someone does not return to their vehicle. Please close the entrance gate and secure the cartop launch chain after opening.
Special Accommodations Notice
In compliance with the intent and spirit of the Americans with Disability Act, our commitment is to ensure accessible parks, facilities, programs and services.
Anyone needing special park accommodations should contact the Parks Bureau at (410) 222-7317 or by e-mail to [email protected] at least 7 days prior to their expected use of facilities, programs or services. TTY users, please call via Maryland Relay 711.
All materials are available in an alternative format upon request.