Mayo Beach Park - Cartop Boat Launch
Cartop Launch Open: 7 a.m. to Sunset
Cartop Boat Launch
- The launch is located on the South River in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- Available seven days a week from 7 a.m. to sunset except during Adaptive Camp Hours: 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday of July and August 2021.
- On public open days (weekends and Friday evenings during the summer months. See main page for details), you may drop your equipment off at the Cartop Launch, but you must park in the main parking lot. New 2021: You must have a pass to enter Mayo Beach during public open days.
- Approximately 20 parking spaces are available at the cartop launch. Parking surface is a mixture of grass and sand. If it is raining or muddy, use the regular gravel parking lot at the top of the hill.
- Those accessing the car top launch may not picnic, swim, or hangout in the park during non-public open swim days. A boat/water craft of some sort must accompany the vehicle with the intention of launching that day.
- Port-a-potties are available for use.
- Spectators are not allowed.
- No overnight parking.
How to Access the Cartop Launch
- Our cartop launch is located inside the main gate of Mayo Beach Park. The gate should be unlocked. You are welcome to open it, but please make sure you close it behind you. Directly on the left after entering the main gate, you will see a yellow chain with a lock at the entrance.
- To access the launch, you will need to fill out our Cartop Launch Access form.
- After filling the form out, you will receive a combination code in the next browser window. The code changes randomly. Please fill out this form each time you enter and as close to the time of launch as possible.
- This form helps us know how many people are utilizing the car top launch and will help in the event that someone does not return to their vehicle. Please close the entrance gate and secure the cartop launch chain after opening.