Youth Group Camping
- Campsite East – Groups are limited to thirty (30) maximum. There is water at Campsite East and a limited number of picnic tables.
- Campsite West – Groups are limited to hundred (100) maximum. There is no running water at Campsite West and there is a pavilion with tables.
|Youth Group Camping East Area|
|$40.00 per night|
|Organized youth groups only; maximum of 30|
|Youth Group Camping West Area|
|Organized youth groups only; maximum of 100|
|Up to 30 people - $40.00 per night|
|31 to 70 people - $75.00 per night|
|75 to 100 people - $100.00 per night|
Rules and Regulations
- The adult in charge will register the group and will receive a camping permit which will be displayed at the campsite during the outing.
- Upon arrival, check in at the Park Office so a Park Ranger can inspect the campsite and cover any specific regulations relevant to the park. Check in time is 12 noon and check out is 11:00 a.m. the next day.
- Tents must be set up on the designated pad. No ditching is allowed.
- Fires are permitted in designated fire rings only. Collection of firewood in the Park is prohibited. Firewood must be purchased from the park. All proceeds from the purchase of firewood directly benefits the Friends of Downs Park. See a park ranger for more information and to purchase firewood.
- Use of the public restrooms for washing dishes or persons is prohibited..
- The Park policy requires that youths be restricted to the camping area after dusk unless permission from the Park Superintendent has been obtained for a supervised program. No youths will be permitted to sleep outside of their assigned group area. Quiet must be maintained from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Clean the campsite and the port-a-pot restroom before leaving..
- Before departing all trash should be taken to the dumpster. A Park Ranger will inspect the site.
- NO REFUNDS – NO RAIN DATES – NO ELECTRIC