Chesapeake Room Rental
The stunning Downs Park Information Center building offers a room rental with an incredible view of the Chesapeake Bay. This room is available for receptions, meetings and other functions.
- Chesapeake Room is available for rental during regular park hours 9:00 a.m. - dusk
- Entry fees are included in pricing
- Capacity 100 seated
|Rental Fees - All fees are Non-Refundable|
|Weekdays (Monday - Thursday)|
|Total Cost - Non-Refundable||$380.00|
|Weekends (Friday - Sunday)|
|Total Cost - Non-Refundable||$660.00|
|You will not be allowed to enter the Chesapeake Room early or exit later than the rental time you have paid for. You will be required to set-up and breakdown within the time.|
Chesapeake Room Articles of Agreement
- The capacity of the Chesapeake Room is 100 persons for a seated event. (These are max capacities, comfortable capacities will vary with group needs and room setup.)
- A contract with Downs Park must be signed at the time reservation fee is paid (within two weeks after the booking is made.)
- Smoking is prohibited in all park buildings.
- Access to the room is limited to the main lower entrance on the East side of the building and the 'caterers' entrance on the South side of the building. All other room exits are for emergency use only.
- Activities not specified in this contract must be approved by the Park Superintendent.
- Reservations may be made by contacting Downs Park office at 410-222-6230 (M - F 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.). The park is closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- All Rental Fees are non-refundable
- A reservation fee is required to confirm/hold a reservation and is due upon reservation approval. Payment in full is due one month prior to the event. Prompt payments are the responsibility of the client. We cannot accept credit cards. All checks should be made payable to ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY. A clean-up checklist will be completed and kept on file in the park office.
- All functions (including room clean-up and party egress) must end by one hour before posted closing time (park closing time). Damage deposit may be forfeited and other fees may apply in event of failure to depart as scheduled.
- Guests may not occupy the Chesapeake Room prior to the scheduled start of the function. Setup time is not provided and should be booked as needed. (Reminder: rental party should confirm with caterer the extent of setup/breakdown time required and be sure to book adequate time to cover.) Party must exit the park by dusk.
- Rental fee for the room includes all park entrance fees
- All vehicles must park in designated parking areas in the main parking lot
- Driving and parking on the grass is prohibited
- Trails around the park information center are designed for foot traffic only. Special access for drop off of supplies and catering should be arranged on the day of the event with the duty ranger. Vehicular access to the building is not guaranteed and is subject to safety and other concerns at the discretion of the duty ranger.
- Catering arrangements are the responsibility of the rental party.
- Downs Park is an alcohol-free facility. Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages are prohibited and shall result in the party's expulsion from the park.
- Downs Park provides round 5 ft. diameter folding tables and rectangular 8 ft. length folding tables and 100 chairs
- All rental equipment (i.e. not provided by Downs Park) must be delivered and set up during the booking period on the same day as the facility rental. Downs Park will not be responsible for receiving or securing such equipment
- Park furniture may not be set up outside the building
- Food and beverage setup is not permitted outside the building
- Tents are not permitted
- Table decorations only
- Decorating must be coordinated with the onsite park staff
- The throwing of rice, glitter, confetti and birdseed is prohibited
- Balloons are prohibited
- Items which damage the building and furniture, such as nails, screws, thumbtacks, stables and tape, are prohibited
- Decorations may not be attached to fire sprinkler pipes
- Amplified sound is not permitted.
- The room must be rented for any rehearsals inside the building.