Comprehensive Watershed Management Studies and Plans provide a holistic and systematic watershed perspective to land use planning and development review activities. In addition, they provide the tools necessary to facilitate daily land use and infrastructure management decisions to protect watershed resources. By providing an informed basis for prioritizing watershed restoration and preservation initiatives such as; Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Implementation Plans to characterize watershed baseline conditions and resources.
While identifying existing and potential concerns along with short and long-term opportunities for improvement of water quality issues. Watershed management studies and plans enhance government's ability to integrate and link existing watershed management business processes with watershed models to provide interactive information on how changes in land use, development regulations, best management practices, and other watershed conditions affect water quality and waterway habitat.
- Anne Arundel County Major Watersheds and Non-tidal Streams
- Field Data Collection Guide for Watershed Studies
- Rapid Wetland Condition Assessment Report (DRAFT)
- Anne Arundel County Subwatershed Priorities for Preservation
- Anne Arundel County Subwatershed Priorities for Restoration