Visitor Safety Tips
When visiting the Landfill and Recycling Centers, please remember:
- You must show an Anne Arundel County driver's license and vehicle registration. Your license will verify Anne Arundel County residency, and registration will indicate whether it is a commercial vehicle. For your convenience, you may obtain a customer sticker to bypass future identification requests.
- You must follow the directions provided by County Personnel at all times.
- Vehicles must follow traffic signs and lane markings. Speed limits must be observed.
- Vehicles must only be unloaded in the marked areas. Remain in your vehicle until it is your turn to drive into the designated unloading areas.
- Customers who fail to respect the direction of County Personnel or who use abusive or offensive language or behavior will be reported to the police.
- For a quick and safe visit, please sort your items before arriving since you may have to unload at different sections of the facility. Load similar items in the same spot in your vehicle for ease of unloading.
- If you have large quantities of several types of material, consider bringing only one material per trip.
- All of our facilities close at 4:00 p.m.
- To avoid lengthy delays, arrive 30 minutes before closing time. You must be completely unloaded 15 minutes after closing.
- Scavenging (searching through trash) is illegal because it is dangerous and unhealthy.
- All recyclable materials are the property of Anne Arundel County.
- All loads are subject to inspection.
- Children and pets must stay in your vehicle at all times.
- Items may be prohibited at the supervisor's discretion for environmental or safety reasons.