DPW&YOU - Tap into a Champion
When it comes to the age-old debate of tap vs. bottled water, I crush the competition. Not only is my water healthier to drink, but I am more convenient, reliable and cost-effective. Whether it’s for drinking, bathing, cooking or cleaning, Splash is always there! Would you continue buying bottled soda if you had a fountain machine in your home? Of course not!
So, with the best of the best coming out of your pipes, we want to make sure all of our residents treat this award-winning water like the champion it is. Check out the video below to learn how you can help maintain our title while saving yourself money.
In addition, fixing easily corrected household water leaks could save you roughly 10 percent of your water bill cost! Follow these simple steps to test for a toilet leak:
- Remove lid from tank
- Place 15-20 drops of colored liquid -- such as coffee, tea or food coloring -- into the tank
- Let sit for 20 minutes without flushing
- Check the bowl -- if color has seeped in, you have a leak
- Turn off the valve at the base of the toilet until the leak gets repaired
- Producing clean drinking water in 10 Water Treatment Plants with a state-of-the-art, multi-step water treatment process
- Treating wastewater in 6 Enhanced Nutrient Removal Water Reclamation facilities
- Maintaining a 1,400-mile water distribution system to safely deliver water
- Performing thousands of water quality tests to ensure quality drinking water
- Protecting our most valuable resource through water conservation awareness
Splash’s water wisdom is for everyone to enjoy! Download his school materials for all ages.
To learn more about water, wastewater and infrastructure, follow me over to the Bureau of Utility Operations page. For more tips and tricks from your buddy, Splash, follow AACDPW on Facebook and Twitter.